mobi website creator - for mobile...

User 199053 Photo

55 posts

I'd like to apologise sincerely to everybody concerned for going off about VSD's inability to produce a mobile friendly website. After some experimenting I have had reports of perfect site layout on IPhone, Android and my Blackberry with a test site that I uploaded.
Previous tests were with an older handset that really screwed up.
Long live VSD. It's the best!!

When everything is running sweet, that's the time to worry!
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Thank's for that update Michael, It's all good. Older cell phones screw up all websites from what I use to experience. And to think it was cool to browse a website on a screen the size of my thumbnail.:lol: I use to have a Palm but now I'm on an Iphone and both are pretty good for browsing.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No Worries Michael, we all have our pet peeves and I'm sure you'll see mine and others as time goes by too, heck probably have seen some of mine already LOL :P Glad it all worked out for ya though.
User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Another very good reason to use VSD. It's always been my favourite. No more problems with mobile sites.:)
User 235972 Photo

55 posts

well i would love CC to bring out a mobile web app/sitecreator. I dont know about you but i'm constantly looking up businesses ect on my iphone and calling them direct from the phone.
The sites we create if you look at them on a cell/mobile you always have to pinch the screen to increase the size so you can see, wouldnt it be good if CC had a converter to turn the site into more of a mobile friendly site? :cool:
It aint about how hard you hit, its about hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. THATS HOW WINNING IS DONE!

www.viperonline.com.au
User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Give VSD a try. Make your page size 320 x 480 or however deep you want to make it. I've found that sites created with VSD work well on my BB and other smart phones. However if you're trying it on an old or 'un-smart ' handset you'll be sadly disappointed as older handsets mess up the content badly.
I'm convinced that we don't really need a mobi specific web creator as todays handsets handle things quite well. Just create your site to a common mobile handset size and you wont have to keep zooming the screen to view the content.
Best of luck :)
User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Just an afterthought. I've been installing Opera Mini browser on some of my older handsets and it really pulls the content together. You wont have problems with the mobile site collapsing. 320 wide seems (almost) to be the norm for page size. I have an HTC touch with a 240x320 screen that has to be side scrolled but I think most handsets are 320xXXX,ish. You shouldn't have problems with a VSD mobi sized site.
:)
User 218105 Photo

1 post

Where is the Mobi site designer? Please post a link.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Tyana Rainey wrote:
Where is the Mobi site designer? Please post a link.

http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 113754 Photo

3 posts

CC might be able to confirm this: you can add php where you add HTML:

<?php /* code starts here */

php code goes here

/* code ends here */ ?>

Haven't tried it.

If anyone has the php code to detect and redirect, would love to have it!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.