MAC Version of Coffee Cup Coming in...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Twitchin Kitten wrote:

May I offer you 50¢ to buy yourself a sense of humor?

No thank you. You'll need every penny you have to buy a mac. :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/372799020_1d4a782000.jpg
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 336662 Photo

2 posts

I already own all of the software in Windows, because Windows is the only thing available. I have to use Parallels so that it will work, which is an added expense. While I'd love to be able to install and use Mac versions of the software, I don't see the point of paying for it again.

User 1873422 Photo

59 posts

Interesting point but since you already have all for the Windows, it seems you've committed to development on Windows, so why the rush to switch to the mac side?

Okay, I'm using both systems happily, and the one main app I'd like to see ported onto the Mac would be Shopping Cart Creator (SCC). There's just no decent (and by decent I mean highly affordable, and by highly affordable I mean cheap! Yes, cheap!) shopping cart for Os X.

I'm not sure how CC's HTML editor is going to compete with powerhouse like textmate, writeroom, or BBedit, since there's already serious competition going on there, but a market which is there for the taking, like Shopping Carts and FormBuilders are just waiting to be gobbled.

With OS X slowly gaining market sure, it makes sense to serve that segment. Kudos.. kudos..
My tee shirt site http://www.teedojo.com, warmly and fuzzily done with SCC + SCD. I kinda like it even if I've yet to sell any shirts! Hah!

Catch me and say hi!. I don't bite, but I will help you with your website so you can kickstart your web presence today.
User 26382 Photo

11 posts

Joker, that image made me laugh out loud at work.. awesome..

I've been a long time customer of CC and an ambassador but for some reason or another, never ventured into the forums. . I have too many other forums I work on I guess.

I've been using multiple platforms for many years and my suggestion would be to look at what software is out there already for the Mac that fills a need and determine where the holes are. There are a number of very simple and elegant HTML editors out there which is something the Windoz market was missing - and CC filled that hole very well.

I use http://wakoopa.com to track my software use (and others) and it might be of interest to some of you to find tools you may be missing.

The CC stuff I'd love to see ported:

1. Form Builder
2. Video Player (with the customer size and wide screen support I suggested)
3. VSD
4. Cart Designer

5,410 posts

It is pretty funny. MS should have used it in a commercial. It wouldn't have hurt their reputation much. :)
User 459056 Photo

1 post

I would like to see Visual Site Designer comatible with mac;)
User 128919 Photo

3 posts

I'd like to see the HTML editor. I've not found a Mac editor which looks as easy to use as the Coffeecup. The editors someone else mentioned are more suitable for full-time developers, but not so much for the person who does coding only for their own website, i.e. not a pro. I like the preview especially, which those suggesed don't seem to have.
User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

I love macs, but have not found a really good html editor. Decent ones, yes.
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 238157 Photo

Ambassador
17 posts

While all of this is very interesting - I gotta figure that Coffee Cup is well into development of whatever programs they intend to port to MAC in 2010. I'd love to know what work is going on at CC toward the goal but I know they probably have their hands full with it - and since they haven't provided a timetable, I guess I just as soon it was done well than quickly. Both are always nice.

I especially liked the fake MS add above. I can't think of a more non-Hodgeman like gesture . . . and of course Justin Long was in a Die Hard movie so I don't think he's impressed by that little pop-gun. But funny!
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Philip Knudsen wrote:
I'd love to know what work is going on at CC toward the goal but I know they probably have their hands full with it - and since they haven't provided a timetable

1. Is it ready, yet?
2. Soon.
3. Repeat.
:D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.