MAC Version of Coffee Cup Coming in...

User 409926 Photo

12 posts

Is there a timescale when MAC may be available?

I intended to extend my CC programs, but, I am willing to wait for the MAC.

Ken RYAN
User 240553 Photo

2 posts

Scott I like to say you are right on, with moving to mac most people are on XP now and Apple's stock is growing way faster than Microsoft's (if we are talking OS's). With them selling servers at less than a thousand dollars that sit on your desk and make no noise how much longer will it be before all small shops consider the switch. Your choice for the form designer is also a good one because I can build a site using iWeb cost to me $0- because every mac ships with it BUT it does not do FORMS.

See I still use a PC 50 hours a week but 5 months ago I got tired of using one at home. With the new Mac in hand the first thing I did was try out the various software packages included on it and the seem-less drag and drop of video, photos, music and files from the inspector was like nothing Microsoft has ever produced. I look forward to buying a license of your software for Mac when you launch it.

One other thing I commend all the windows users posting here I too have used it since what seemed to be the beginning DOS (UNIX clone) but now have found it is not the manufacturer of OS its the foundation and UNIX has stood the test of time.
User 425116 Photo

19 posts

I CANNOT wait for the Mac version. My PC died and I bought a Mac and was extremely worried when I found out CC stuff was PC only. Keep us informed good CC people!
User 1873422 Photo

59 posts

Judith P wrote:
I'd like to see the HTML editor. I've not found a Mac editor which looks as easy to use as the Coffeecup.

Correction, there's just no editor elsewhere (Mac/Linux/whatevaOS) that's easier to use than coffeecup and that's why they're the best editor for 2010!!! (3 Exclamation marks for emphasis here~)

I'm on CC's HTML editor when I'm on my PC, and for my MAC, I'm using CODA, which seems like a great piece of app thus far, but if only it had CC's little extra useful features.

I'm still rooting for a Shopping Cart Creator (MAC) version and, knowing how it time consuming it's probably going to get, I would probably be watching James Cameron Avatar 3 earlier.
My tee shirt site http://www.teedojo.com, warmly and fuzzily done with SCC + SCD. I kinda like it even if I've yet to sell any shirts! Hah!

Catch me and say hi!. I don't bite, but I will help you with your website so you can kickstart your web presence today.
User 372417 Photo

1 post

Any update on the Coffee Cup software for MAC? I am eagerly awaiting it.
User 365418 Photo

1 post

Bonjour à tous
Moi je vous dirais franchement qu'il serait temps de nous sortir des versions pour Mac et en français si possible et la c'est la gloire indiscutable de Coffee Cup.
j'ai une question : quand sortira la 1er version d'une application Coffee Cup version Mac ?
Cordialement
User 1964229 Photo

5 posts

Lets do it! I want it for MAC
User 1869050 Photo

1 post

well i downloaded cc on my PC but the start stayed half at the botom of my screen and i could
not move i was so desperate i dienstald it any help on this problem AND is it still
DRAG and DROP thank
User 187602 Photo

Ambassador
8 posts

I've been "back on the Mac" for a couple of months now. I wrote a post on how to use The HTML Editor with VirtualBox, an open source (free) Windows virtualization software by Oracle (you still need to have a licensed copy of Windows), and I also own a licensed copy of Parallels to use with The HTML Editor. I'm still drooling over The HTML Editor for the Mac in a native application.

I have tried every Mac native HTML editor out there and I MISS THE FEATURES of Coffee Cup. As you develop it, please keep the same features in the Mac edition. It sounds so simple, but I love to be able to highlight text, and apply the formatting, the shortcut keys, etc., in CC. In Dreamweaver to get the same features you have to be in the Design view. (I use Dreamweaver, because I have a licensed copy and don't want to spend money on another HTML editor until Coffee Cup The HTML Editor is out for the Mac.) Coda and Espresso, my other two contenders on the Mac, just don't have the same features, you have to type the tags first, and yes, it finishes it for you, but there is no easy way to apply HTML formatting to existing text and the support for HTML5 and CSS is not the same as the current version of The HTML Editor for Windows.

Put me on the list of beta testers as soon as you are ready. I am ready and willing to provide helpful feedback.
Jean Newey Baker
User 396862 Photo

4 posts

Any date when the Coffee Cup jukebox will be ready for Mac? I'm tired of having to run back to my laptop to add to my websites. I'd like to do all my work on my imac.

Here are a couple of ways I used to CC:
http://www.hurricaneharmonizers.com/sampler2.html (the sheet music)
and
http://www.cameoquartet.com/songs.html

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Granny

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.