MAC Version of Coffee Cup Coming in...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Adriano Martins wrote:
Even if the program prices did not increase, we would still require each application to be purchased again. We will not offer a Windows and OS X version for one price. If you want both, then you would have to pay for each operating system version.

After all, we do need to cover developmental costs right? However, let us tackle that item when we release them

I completely agree but i think CC should make discounts for clients. For example, if i already have a Web Form Builder for windows i will get discount on the Mac version. Just suggesting ;)

I am sure we will, but I think we will worry about that when we finally have them ready ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 323221 Photo

1 post

I would like to see the form and password programs done first.

User 126923 Photo

2 posts

What is the ETA for the Mac version? Is there a beta available now? I need something for my mac (PC dead) and may have to find another tool if this one is not ready soon.

Thanks, Sacha
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

No ETA yet, but it will be here there year ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 126923 Photo

2 posts

ok thanks
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

efaith77 wrote:
Per wrote:
Tom wrote:

I think CC should charge twice as much for the mac software...

Yes, if CC wants to have a chance to recover development costs from the much smaller user base, something like this would be necessary...

I do not think the user base is as small as you think. A Mac is an intimidating thing for a PC user. I myself am an MCSE(Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), and I made the switch and I have been with Microsoft since NT4. I love my PC and my Mac, but minute to minute the Mac gets more use, and I think it is a trend that has grown exponentially. People are abandoning Windows. Everyone in my little circle has migrated to Mac and if they still have a Windows machine it is an XP unit.

Thank you and a big wet sloppy kiss for being the sane voice of reason among those afraid of the Mac.

I just switched and just because the Mac costs more than people using a PC would like, does not mean by default software should cost more. That's PC snobbery at it's best!

I'll never go back. I should have done this years ago! I have a whopping two brands of softwares that I need the old PC for and one brand is the Coffee Cup stuff.
I installed the VMware Fusion virtual machine instead of using my Boot Camp. It was a better choice for the productivity level I need it for. (why reboot when I dont' have to, right?)

I gotta tell you that using W7 on the virtual machine makes my always silent Imac complain. You can hear what a resource hog windows is! And I went big.... bought the quad core baby! It better last me a good long time for the money! LOL

Anyway, I'd love the products I have converted to use on a mac and I'd be more than happy to pay for them all over again. If I can replace all my windows software I can then uninstall that VM and be completely free of that ball and chain around my ankle!

I'm using:

Sitemapper
Form builder
Direct FTP * this one I miss the most!
Jukebox
Rss News Flash
Color Schemer * this one I miss second! lol
Rip and Burn
Video Player

Keep up the great work guys and I hope you make my software dream come true :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Afraid? I'm afraid not. I just have no use for a MAC. I don't wear trendy jeans or sit in Starbucks sipping a mocha, either.

"Resource hog", LOL - memory is dirt cheap.

If you want a real OS that doesn't consume resources and is stable, and cheap, try BSD.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 72274 Photo

Ambassador
42 posts

Thank you, CoffeeCup! When I bought this PC 5 years ago, one of the reasons I didn't make the switch to Mac was, would you believe, my CC software. After so many years, I don't want to abandon it. I have had it with Microsoft, and my next computer WILL be a Mac. I'm hoping this one will last a little longer, but am really glad to know that when I do make the switch, I'll be bringing CC with me!
Marcia
See Marcia's woodcarvings at:
http://whittlinsnwood.com
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

Tom wrote:
Afraid? I'm afraid not. I just have no use for a MAC. I don't wear trendy jeans or sit in Starbucks sipping a mocha, either.

"Resource hog", LOL - memory is dirt cheap.

If you want a real OS that doesn't consume resources and is stable, and cheap, try BSD.

May I offer you 50¢ to buy yourself a sense of humor?

User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

Cahvah wrote:
Thank you, CoffeeCup! When I bought this PC 5 years ago, one of the reasons I didn't make the switch to Mac was, would you believe, my CC software. After so many years, I don't want to abandon it. I have had it with Microsoft, and my next computer WILL be a Mac. I'm hoping this one will last a little longer, but am really glad to know that when I do make the switch, I'll be bringing CC with me!
Marcia

Marcia, just get the VMware Fusion software for yourself to use on your Mac. Don't bother with Boot Camp. With the fusion you can work on mac and windows simultaneously and eliminate the need to boot up and work in one or the other. You get drag and drop instantly with this and you can even drag & drop from windows into your FTP server open in your mac.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.