MAC Version of Coffee Cup Coming in...

User 289981 Photo

28 posts

Hey guys, since starting the other MAC thread which was absolutely overwhelming, we now know CC has been listening. Scott has kept his word and CC is now committed to giving us what we requested. Personally I want to thank Scott for engaging this subject and taking it on. It would have been so easy to simply ignore the MAC thread, but the CC team stepped up to meet the challenge.

So, I think this thread should be used strictly for ideas, suggestions and a general wish-list of what we would like to see regarding the coming MAC versions. Which program would you like see first? and what would you like it to do? We all ranted and complained on the other MAC thread - LOL LOL LOL ... but let's take this to the next level and really be apart of the development.

Thanks again CC team. My dreams are no longer, they are actually going to be a reality!!!!

Lastly, let me be the first to make a suggestion: I believe the first piece of software that should be converted is the "Web Form" software.

All the best

GB
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Gregory Bradley wrote:
Lastly, let me be the first to make a suggestion: I believe the first piece of software that should be converted is the "Web Form" software.

I'll be the first to oppose you ;)

I'd think that either HTML Editor and/or VSD would be the best starting point for the development team. But that, is JMHO :D.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Yep, I put my money on the first being HTML Editor and VSD. Bread and Butta...

I think CC should charge twice as much for the mac software. Hey, they paid three times as much for the computer so they would dish it out. :D
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 238157 Photo

Ambassador
17 posts

Oh, good, I found the new thread.

I'm glad that CC is committed to rolling out MAC versions of software this year. I'm sure the roll-out schedule will be based on their own market data and expectation of return. This will be a significant time/effort commitment for CC. I'm guessing Phil is probably right - CC would concentrate on the least niche application.

I would almost rise to the humorously couched Windows bait in the previous post - but I'll show restraint. Oh - how tiring it all is after more than 25 years. . .

Thanks Gregory, thanks Scott.

I'll be watching.
User 289981 Photo

28 posts

I think the cc developers will find that the Forms software will be a big hit. I used it to make some very complicated forms for two state wide political campaigns here in Wisconsin and they were a life saver and they save the campaign a lot of money
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Tom wrote:

I think CC should charge twice as much for the mac software...

Yes, if CC wants to have a chance to recover development costs from the much smaller user base, something like this would be necessary...
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Also, it seems to me that the title of this thread may be a bit premature,
in view of what Scott actually said:
"It is our plan to start developing OS X versions this year, but we are not committing to any time table for them."
User 289981 Photo

28 posts

Yes Pir, it may be premature, but what would it hurt to have our idea on record. I'd rather we have ideas posted than for us to have to later respond to a request for ideas to be posted.

But I certainly understand your point.

All the best

Gregory
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Gregory Bradley wrote:
Yes Pir...

Hmm...?

Thank you for responding, Grigory. (;))
I still think that there are problems associated with misleadingly optimistic statements, especially when it involves emotional issues like the Mac.
People - and especially new forum visitors - will see the thread title "MAC Version of Coffe Cup Coming in 2010" as a statement of fact, rather than hopes and wishes. Few, if any, will go back and read the full thread to see what's really happening.
Cf. the relatively mild impatience, and occasional finger-pointing, that we are seeing in connection with the SCC Pro. This is nothing compared to what we'll see for Mac software! The impatience with SCC Pro after all is comercially driven, while any impatience with Mac software would be emotionally driven - with the usual, almost religious, fervor!
By mid-year 2010 we will start to see posts asking "are we there yet?" ("you promised!! - I have bought a new Mac just to be ready for the CC Mac software!!!"), with increasing intensity through year-end.
And by January 2011, we'll have violence in the streets...
There again, maybe we'll see 'CC for Mac' released by - say - August, in which case all is good...
Either way, I would suggest that a moderator simply drop the "in 2010" from the thread title to make it "MAC Version of Coffe Cup Coming!"
User 464415 Photo

5 posts

I really hope you´ll give me the Photo Gallery for Mac, I´m using it all the time and I am going to "convert " to Mac. Pleeeeeeeeeease......

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.