MAC Version of Coffee Cup Coming in...

User 496352 Photo

1 post

I train a lot of artists who want an easy to update website showcasing their work. When I show them Visual Site Designer they all want it but many have MACS so please start with that as they are eagerly waiting the launch date. Dee
User 171021 Photo

5 posts

Per wrote:
Tom wrote:

I think CC should charge twice as much for the mac software...

Yes, if CC wants to have a chance to recover development costs from the much smaller user base, something like this would be necessary...

I do not think the user base is as small as you think. A Mac is an intimidating thing for a PC user. I myself am an MCSE(Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), and I made the switch and I have been with Microsoft since NT4. I love my PC and my Mac, but minute to minute the Mac gets more use, and I think it is a trend that has grown exponentially. People are abandoning Windows. Everyone in my little circle has migrated to Mac and if they still have a Windows machine it is an XP unit.
James E Faith
Data By Design
User 1998027 Photo

3 posts

I agree that the Form software is most important to me. I have an editor already but the form tool is unmatched.
User 1998027 Photo

3 posts

efaith77 wrote:
Per wrote:
Tom wrote:

I think CC should charge twice as much for the mac software...

Yes, if CC wants to have a chance to recover development costs from the much smaller user base, something like this would be necessary...

I do not think the user base is as small as you think. A Mac is an intimidating thing for a PC user. I myself am an MCSE(Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), and I made the switch and I have been with Microsoft since NT4. I love my PC and my Mac, but minute to minute the Mac gets more use, and I think it is a trend that has grown exponentially. People are abandoning Windows. Everyone in my little circle has migrated to Mac and if they still have a Windows machine it is an XP unit.

I disagree. I am forced to use a Mac at work and I would MUCH RATHER be on a PC for web development. Macs are fine and dandy for design but need lots of work to be considered a solid Development machine. every developer I have worked with (and that is a lot of them considering the company I worked for) prefers to work on PC. Designer/devs prefer the Mac only because they were designers first and only used a Mac.
User 283579 Photo

1 post

PC is in the past for me, when I moved to mac I hadn't never thought that CC didn't have anything available for mac.

CC do a great job and I hope they work on their flash packages, those mac users trying their hardest to avoid the A company will flock to the site to buy.

Very cool CC lets get it happening, do you need a hand!!
Blue With Additude
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Isn't a Mac something you get with fries? :)

Good to see that Coffeecup appreciate the diversity of their customer base and are offering alternative solutions. Just a shame that Linux is not so well represented as anything that stops the Microsoft dominance is good in my book.
User 409926 Photo

12 posts

I am one of the many I know who have migrated to MAC.

I must admit that I do run Windows XP through WMFusion on my MAC, but I would dearly love to be shot of Windows XP.
I run all my CoffeeCup through WMFusion Windows XP, then move across to my MAC.
I would say that now I run through the MAC 95% of what I do, the MAC is far more stable, the other 5% through XP Windows, the OS which comes with built in GLICHES.

As for the MAC v PC, there is no comparison, MAC Snow Leopard wins hand down.
This is not just my opinion but many friends who are now MAC drivers.

All I would like to see is the eventual production of CC for MAC.
Which program is first, I am not that worried, as long as they keep coming, and I can convert all my numerous CC to MAC.

As for the extra payment for the programs for MAC users, I would say typical PC users, "I am alright Jack".
The MAC users mostly have already paid for the CC programs for PC, I know I have.
Why should the price of programs be increased for MAC, a crazy idea.

KR
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Ken RYAN wrote:
Why should the price of programs be increased for MAC, a crazy idea.

For leaving the Dark Side, of course. :lol:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Even if the program prices did not increase, we would still require each application to be purchased again. We will not offer a Windows and OS X version for one price. If you want both, then you would have to pay for each operating system version.

After all, we do need to cover developmental costs right? :) However, let us tackle that item when we release them ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 574510 Photo

55 posts

Even if the program prices did not increase, we would still require each application to be purchased again. We will not offer a Windows and OS X version for one price. If you want both, then you would have to pay for each operating system version.

After all, we do need to cover developmental costs right? However, let us tackle that item when we release them

I completely agree but i think CC should make discounts for clients. For example, if i already have a Web Form Builder for windows i will get discount on the Mac version. Just suggesting ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.