I see Lockbox has been discontinued.

Anyone got any further information?

Do I need to look for something else?

Keith
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I checked it not long ago, and yes, it is discontinued.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Inger

Always works well for me.

Do you know the reason why it was discontinued?

Keith
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

No, I don't. Sorry.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

I've made inquiries. There are no plans to replace it.

Keith
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

It's very sad. I like having an app that is entirely local so that my passwords are not in the cloud. It was very useful.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I'm now running KeePass in tandem with Lockbox, gradually transferring entries across. It is entirely local and not dissimilar in its capabilities.

Frank
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

KeePass looks interesting. Have you got to manually add each item?

At present Lockbox will work for sometime to come.

Keith
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I haven't seen a way of just transferring the database, and that is why I'm running them in tandem, and transferring entries as I use those entries. Because Lockbox copies entries just by clicking on them, it is very quick copying and pasting the entries across.

A number of my entries in Lockbox needed changing (e.g. sites now wanting longer passwords now than when I set them up), and others have become redundant (sites closed or business ceased), and so gradual transfer is fine for me.

My reason for gradually switching over is that I didn't want to review and update my numerous Lockbox entries only to find at a later date that I had to transfer them to new software. I am therefore combining the review and transfer of entries.

Frank
User 2731785 Photo

1 post

I am disappointed that LockBox has been retired. I am still using it without any issues. It still works fine. I much more prefer to save my passwords locally rather than use a cloud based app. I do backup my passwords to a locked csv spreadsheet from time to time in the event LockBox will no longer open.

I can carry a thumb drive with me using the portable version when needed. All options today are cloud based. Lockbox is the only locally saved app available that I am aware of and no monthy or yearly charge.

Coffee Cup should sell the code to someone who wants to maintain it. Its probably worth $35 to $50 as a stand alone app today. I'd buy it again if it came out as a totally new application.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.