Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Jeremy Woolger wrote:

1. Documentation - My biggest criticism of Coffee Cup is the poor quality of the documentation that accompanies a lot of their software.

Can you please read this work in progress and give us feedback: http://tutorials.coffeecup.com/foundation-framer/
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Jeremy Woolger wrote:

4. Remove Default Padding - Please remove all default padding applied to Columns, Sub-Grids etc. Currently this has to be removed every time I add certain elements, if I want padding let me decide don't impose it on me. A number of times working on a website when something does not function in the way expected it is down to default padding messing it up.

That is dictated by the framework settings, Foundation 6 in this case. The padding on columns is part of the grid system, been well thought out and tested and critical for lining up content. With that said...it is easy to override on a global basis if desired. Simply select the columns, set the Apply to dropdown to Type and make your changes with the padding controls. :cool:

My advice would be to only do this on a class though, for specific situations that need less (or more) padding.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

Bob Visser wrote:
Jeremy Woolger wrote:

1. Documentation - My biggest criticism of Coffee Cup is the poor quality of the documentation that accompanies a lot of their software.

Can you please read this work in progress and give us feedback: http://tutorials.coffeecup.com/foundation-framer/

Good morning Bob

This is exactly what I was looking for.....excellent! I must have been having a senior moment but have not come across a link to this page anywhere on your website or via the software, or is this because it is still work in progress so you have not done this yet?

Regards

Jeremy

User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Jeremy Woolger wrote:
Bob Visser wrote:
Jeremy Woolger wrote:

Good morning Bob

This is exactly what I was looking for.....excellent! I must have been having a senior moment but have not come across a link to this page anywhere on your website or via the software, or is this because it is still work in progress so you have not done this yet?

Regards

Jeremy

Currently the Help menu links to http://framer.coffeecup.com/tips/index.html which explains each of the main Foundation Framer functions in '3 steps'. It address the working with images, using the grid system, working with the width slider and custom breakpoints, the positioning tools, the use of symbols and how to use the Toggler.

We will release an updation of Framer this week that links over to the new 'in progress' documentation, with the new docs pointing over to the referenced tips page for details on specific functionality or design cases.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

If not already possible it would be great to be able to lock the custom breakpoints.

–Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Resources pane

- Drag and drop items from Finder to the Resources pane would be great
- Drag folders (and content) around; (re-order, drag out of the parent folder, drag into the parent folder)
- View option 'list' and be able to select order option (on date, filename)
- Show if a resource was edited outside FF and be able to 'update' the resource
- Being able to select a resource by double-click it (now you have to select it and click [ OK ]
- Create a folder by using the Mac specified shorthand (Alt+Cmd+N)
- De-select a resource by clicking outside the 'selected-item-border'
- The option to right-click and select 'Edit resource' (in a preferred app)
- The option to right-click and select 'Show in Finder'

–Richard
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Being able to have multiple projects opened at once.

–Richard
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

rvanheukelum wrote:

One can already do this by having multiple instances of the program running at the same time. That is even better in my view than multiple projects within one instance of the program. One can, for example, have two instances running on different parts of the screen.

Frank
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
One can already do this by having multiple instances of the program running at the same time.

I don't see how I can accomplish this on a Mac, even when I don't consider this a valid (serious) solution.

Frank Cook wrote:
That is even better in my view than multiple projects within one instance of the program. One can, for example, have two instances running on different parts of the screen.

I don't see why this is a better option than having multiple windows or tabs opened in one running app. Not being able to have 2 or more files opened in an app is just ridiculous. Adobe allows this, Apple allows this ... it seems to me a Windows legacy.

–Richard
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

rvanheukelum wrote:

–Richard

I can have different 5 projects open at the same time, and can even have the same project open twice, although why I would want to escapes me at this time).

I have a shortcut for FF pinned to the task-bar by right clicking on the shortcut I can open multiple projects
(mind you I am on PC not Apple,, but I would assume that it should work on Apple the same)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.