I'm new hear and I just downloaded the Free Direct FTP Client Version 4.2, build 1526. I'm running Win XP SP3 fully updated. I really like how it has a very simple user interface and can't wait to promote it in my company.
One thing I did think that may help newbies figure out the difference between the server and their local desktop would be to have the ability to have the file views customizable on both the local and server side. Right now I only seem to be able to change both at the same time. If it were possible to change the server side view to icons and the local view to list, It might give new users the understanding of where things are.
Honestly, that has been my only problem with it. And if thats the only problem, then maybe I have to much time on my hands . Thats for such a great product. I hope to buy the full version soon.
2. Option to maintain case or force upper or lower-case when uploading.
3. Server login message viewing in the activity screen.
- Auto-sizing title bars in both local & remote panes
- Add BROWSE function to snippets (for those of us who have saved all their old .snp & don't want to re-enter them)
- Add zip to local & un-zip to remote site functions
- Add FIND within the remote files???
- Keep the last FIND text
- Allow the toolbar to be customized
I'd love to see a "minimize to system tray" option also if possible
I would also like the Save button to not be a drop down. Just create two different buttons! Save Local and Save Remote. While I applaud the look and feel, I must say there are certainly interface design issues which need addressing-- particularly with buttons and keyboard shortcuts.
I've just downloaded and tried free ftp. It uploaded a modified page to one of my Expression Web sites quickly and without hassle.
This looks like being at least as useful as the Coffee Cup form builder.
Regards - Andrew C.
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.