Why is default NOT the default in SD?...

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I am puzzled by the fact that in Site Designer, "Toggle Breakpoints", the default mode is not the default mode when the program initializes. If it is in fact the default mode then why is it not the default mode.

It seems trivial, but it gets me 9 times out of 10 when I start a new website. I will be working away and when I check things at different breakpoints they do not work as they should. It is then that I realize that I did not physically change to the "default mode". I make the change to default mode and then have to backtrack to make things work as they should. It seems I would learn, but it has been a challenge!
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Hi Phil.
I sort of agree with your point and have already suggested to CC that the words be changed to something more relevent, I also know that there are a few others have also made similar requests, and you are not the only one to fall into that situation, it is now a habit that one of the first things I do when starting a new project is to select the "default" mode, then if the project doesn't require the CSS grid thingy I collapse the to bit in the elements tab for those CSS row's and columns.

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

I would agree with you guys. Its caught me a few times too!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.