Is there a future for Website...

User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Even though it's a remarkable app, not one update has been released for years. Are there any plans to go further on this? Or is this going to vanish quietly ... like the Wordpress Template builder that has been announced on the CC website but has never been released, not even as beta?
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 340457 Photo

41 posts

Not for Mac users who keep current on their OS. It's a 32 bit app and won't work on Catalina.
User 2346225 Photo

25 posts

I have to agree. I see so much potential in both Sonar and Website Insights, and yet they both have languished for years now. I'd frankly be glad for less bells-and-whistles and the pay-for-template routine we've gotten in, and more time spent maximizing the existing applications (and really fleshing out the components for Site Designer we were promised since Day 1). If there is any disappointment I have, as a user coming from Adobe Muse, it's that we're sorely lacking in plug-ins and components to add functionality.

Neil
User 462989 Photo

53 posts

I Agree with Ruda.
Website Insight has been a very helpful tool for me and I always use it when taking a new website live, or after major changes.
It highlights errors, or elements that can be very easily overlooked (in my case anyway!).
I would be sorry to see it fall away.
Nick
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Neil Ruda wrote:
If there is any disappointment ... it's that we're sorely lacking in plug-ins and components to add functionality.

The best things in life are sometimes free: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com/

Frank
User 90910 Photo

5 posts

Add me to the category of "Agree With All of the Above." Especially since it now is having problems showing all the web pages in the "Insight/Int Links" tab. It says there are 16 links but there are 7 blank lines interspersed in the list, 9 actually shown.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.