Beta 4 Update 10 March 2017 - Post ID...

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

How will this one install?

Is removing the original Beta as simple as deleting the folder?

Keith
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Windows 10.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Then you want to go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>

Search of Website Insight and uninstall. Then install the new version.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I seem to recall that the version before the 10th March beta 4 Update did not 'install' in Windows, but simply was a .zip file which, when extracted, included a WebsiteInsight.exe file. Clicking on that file opened the program directly without any installation routine.

Keith's first post in this thread was presumably the result of the above situation.

My experience was this -
(a) I just left the pre-10/3 beta in its folder, but one could equally just have deleted it.
(b) The 10 March beta installed in the usual way, but does not seem to interfere with the released version: the released version shows in the Windows Control Panel as 'CoffeeCup Web Insight', and the latest beta shows up as 'CoffeeCup Web Insight Beta'.

Steve's advice is appropriate if one doesn't wish to retain the released version in addition to the beta version.

Frank
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The first release of the BETA was only a ZIP file. There was no installer. Now with the latest release, there is an installer which installs itself as Website Insight Beta. This means you can have the release version and beta version installed at the same time.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Thanks all I have got it.

Keith
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
The first release of the BETA was only a ZIP file. There was no installer. Now with the latest release, there is an installer which installs itself as Website Insight Beta. This means you can have the release version and beta version installed at the same time.

It is probably worth mentioning that this situation doesn't seem to apply to the latest version, which is Build 25 (WebsiteInsight_Version4-Beta6.exe) -
(a) it Shows in Windows Programs and Features as CoffeeCup Website Insight, whereas Build 23 showed there as CoffeeCup Website Insight Beta;
(b) because of (a) above, it seems to overwrite Version 3, whereas Build 23 didn't.

Frank
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

See new release today Beta 6.

Scott did say last one was not overwriting.

Keith
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Yes indeed.

My last post was about today's Version 4 Beta 6 (Build 25). I found that I needed manually to uninstall Version 4 Beta Build 23.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.