Site Designer suggestions - Post ID...

User 2622524 Photo

96 posts

Hi All

Just a suggestion for the next update

Would it be possible when you click the "Pages" drop-down menu that the current page you are working on is highlighted

See attached examples, one as it is now - no pages highlighted, and the second one the current page is highlighted.

Regards

Chris
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

This Suggestion forum has been missing so far. Please use it and post all your clever suggestions, so that we have them collected in one place! Don't dsicuss anything in this group, and also, don't ask for help. If you do, the actual suggestions with drown in the mass of verbiage.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Posted by the user XTom:

Would be nice if the html entry box could be popped-out so could view/edit the code in a wider window. The side panel window is very narrow when viewing/editing a chunk of code.

Also maybe an ability to add a placeholder image to cover a html element so it can be given more visual context when working on the page in the edtior and of course it wouldn't export the placeholder image. I used a background image set to cover which works well on the html element but then it's exported, I suppose this is not a big deal but just a suggestion.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1907404 Photo

18 posts

SD3 - In Expreession 4 software ther was a facility to creat a template of index file ending in .dwt; this allowed me to make some arteas non editable and some editable. I would use the .dwt and create a webpage then edit the editable areas. In .dwt file if I add extra menu item, it would do it automatically to all the pages.
Please do have that feature like .dwt in the future update. thank you.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Feature suggestions? Well, here we go ...

Let's suggest in the possibility to create an hierarchical website.
    Use the site manager to not only create/add/remove mages, but also folders/subfolders. Create a really structured website.
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Make the site manager an optional pane.
    The option to show your site structure/pages just like the page elements are shown: structured in a site pane shown at the left side of your working area. Just select the page of choice to directly move to that page. No pop-ups or whatever ... just point > click > go.
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Internal/external links
    When inserting a link, there could be shown a pane where you could select a tab to insert an external link or a tab for internal links where you can select (one of the) existing site pages.

Now (hold on to your seats), when moving the linked page around from one folder/subfolder to another the link automatically will be updated throughout the site/project.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Manage links
    Whoaaaahhh. One site that is mentioned/linked to tons of times within this project has been updated. Now I have to relink all references within my project ... good luck!

Or ... you just open your link manager, select the now invalid url, alter it, and save. The link will be updated throughout the site/project.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Create lists and nested indented lists the easy way
    Just use the [RETURN] key to create new lines. Select the lines that need to be turned into list items. Hit Cmd+7 to create a list from the selected lines, use Cmd+] to add indent, Cmd+[ to remove indent step by step.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Add Font Awesome support
    It could be one hell of an idea to be able to supply your personal user key somewhere within the Site Designer preferences that will unlock the features that go with that particular licence. Because Font Awesome really is awesome and offers a whole lot (more). The availability of this option will sell itself ...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.