New release - Button link behaviour...

User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

Hi folks, installed the new release of RSD today and opened a RSD project I had been working on with the previous release. Please see attached screen capture jpg. The button link elements you see spread across the page used to be vertically stacked in the left most column. Sorry don't have a screen capture as it used to look, but here is the website exported from the old version so you can an idea of what it looked like:
http://claygateflowershow.co.uk/2015rsdtest/Index.html

On selecting the column all the button link elements are outside the frame of column element. (The column is selected in the jpg) If I try to drag the button links back into the column frame they just pop back to where they are but the one I'm dragging takes the first position horizontally. Notice also the button link top right of the page. This was a single button link but now there seems to be 2 distinct parts of it in the editor. Both respond to a cursor hover but only one can be selected.

Now the twist, if I export the site in the new RSD release it looks like this
http://claygateflowershow.co.uk/2015rsdtesttemp/
Which is the same as the one above ....

So I think it's just an issue with how the RSD editor / browser is rendering the button links.

I'll be the first to say that I may have done it wrong all along! But it did look the way I wanted it to in the editor!!

Any ideas?

Pat
Attachments:
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

PS This running on Windows 8.1
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Very peculiar...

If you can upload the .rsd project file (to sdrive or your own server) and get us a link we can take a looksy.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

Hi Bob,

The rsd file is at
http://claygateflowershow.co.uk/coffeecup/

Just click the button to download. I have had to change the file extension to txt as the server blocks attempts to download .rsd files thinking they are either RealSQLDatabases or Rosetta Stone files (not sure which it thinks they are, probably the former) Anyway a quick rename should do the trick.

NB I have also tried saving the file with the new version and then reopening it but there is no change.

Please let me know when you've successfully opened the file so I can delete the file on the server.

thanks,
Pat
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Go the project, thanks. What I see is that the buttons are set to 'display:inline' and on the website link they are 'display:block'.

Setting them to 'display:block' will stack them again. Remains the question: How did they change to display inline?
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

Hi Bob,

Changing to block does correct it in the editor / internal browser. To get it back to how I thought I left it I also needed to change the Margin attribute on this class - it was set to zero so in the editor there was no space between the buttons. Strange though that when the editor says they are inline with zero margin, if I export it and upload then the website shows them as they used to be?

Fortunately as they are all the same class on every page just one change and I'm back were I want to be! Great stuff

Pat
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Thanks Pat!

This helped us pinpoint a small inconsistency between internal, and exported styles. Hope to have this updated in the next version (planned for Thursday).
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

Glad it helped!

My 'client' - this is pro bono project - has seem the first few pages and is getting excited, especially as a big part of their audience is local younger people who are stuck to their tablets and smart phones!

Keep up the good work,

Pat

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.