General Questions - Post ID 99185

User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

Is there a limit as to how many products you can have using the Cart Creator?

How many photos can you insert for each item?

What sizes should the photos be? Can you upload a 500 px image and have it automatically thumbnail?

Is there a monthly fee to PayPal to use their payment system with this?

Do you need to sign up for a security certificate (or whatever it's called) with GoDaddy hosting?

Having this Cart Creator would mean no monthly fee to someone else for their cart...... right???

Marilyn near Las Vegas

www.marilynweil.com - VSD, CCD pro, SCC pro
www.elioness.com (web graphics)
www.mdweil.com (travel photos)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Marilyn,

1. Approx. 1200 products at this time.
1a. Each product can have up to 5 photos.

2. The program will resize whatever size you use so it really doesn't matter what size it is and yes it will make the thumbnails for you, all you need to do is give it a picture in the box and it does the rest for all the other sizes it needs.

3. There is no monthly fee persay (unless you choose some other plan that I'm not using), but what there is are transaction fees just as if you were running it with your own credit card machine. The fees are low and Paypal has a really good setup for checking out how it all works for businesses. I would definitely suggest you go there and see how they have it setup and what plan(s) fits you and/or your clients best.

4. I don't know what a Security Certificate is and I don't use GoDaddy so I can't answer that one sorry.

5. Yes that would free them from any monthly fees for shopping cart systems with other providers.

Hope that helped answer some of your questions and if you have more feel free to post them :)
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Marilyn wrote:
Do you need to sign up for a security certificate (or whatever it's called) with GoDaddy hosting?

Hello Marilyn,

You will be happy to learn that Shopping Cart Creator does not require a security certificate :D

Enjoy!
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

Thank you - that all sounds good. I have used PayPal for several years, but i thought that if you wanted to take payments on your web site with them that there was a separate monthly charge... I'll check into it further.

Since I would have a lot of items to list, it would be important to have several pages in each category. For example if I had categories of: earrings, rings and pendants and I had 200 pieces in the pendant category, I would like to limit each page to 20 (or 50) items. Can this be done?

Marilyn
Marilyn near Las Vegas

User 531474 Photo

150 posts

In the current version, no.
You can create separate categories (Pendants-1, Pendants-2 etc.) and assign a specific number of products to each one. You can limit the amount of items in a specific category, but the program will not automatically create additional pages within a category.

User 544680 Photo

171 posts

Marilyn,

You'll probably want to set up a Website Payments Standard account with PayPal so you can accept credit cards. There aren't any monthly charges or setup fees. PayPal charges a fee of $0.30 plus 2.9% per transaction. The same is true for Google Checkout. I don't know if there is an advantage one over the other.
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

Ok that should work. Can I assume that if I create a site with VSD that I can then add the cart? Or does the cart do the whole site?

Jeff F - your apricot margaritas sound wonderful! :cool:
Marilyn near Las Vegas

User 531474 Photo

150 posts

The cart software will do it all for you, or you can create a site and link to the cart (some of the users here have done a spectacular job of that!)
And in my book, all margaritas are wonderful!

User 1946084 Photo

29 posts

Hi Marilyn,

What I would do if I was you is run with the Shopping Cart first and if it doesnt meet all your needs then look at VSD for that addition requirement. Both work well together.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep what they all said lol. Create the shop with SCC and then add new pages if needed. You can do this one of 2 ways even, you can create pages directly inside the SCC itself such as Home, Contact Us, or whatever extra pages you want up to 5 pages. Or you can do like I did and create pages using either HTML or VSD type software and link to them from the Shopping Cart and from those pages to the Shopping Cart. You do have a lot more versatility with pages outside of the SCC created pages, but that choice is always yours. Lots of people have created some awesome shops with their extra pages both in and out of SCC. Have fun with it :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.