Tell us what you think of S-Drive...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Got a cool form? Show us what you've made! Feel free to share tips and ideas about form designs and publishing to the web. You can also discuss how to get the most out of the form results and read the statistics in S-Drive Forms.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 235763 Photo

4 posts

I've been using almost all your products for years. Unfortunately, with the demise of Flash, I started looking for alternatives. Your Form Builder is perfect for me in every way, except that you have made publishing the form and it's elements to my own server such a ridiculous hassle that I can no longer use it.

Your S-Drive works great. Unfortunately, not all our clients are okay with hosting parts of their sites on other servers.

The process for publishing/uploading your products to our own servers was effortless and always worked. You've now made it almost impossibly complicated and riddled with errors. If this is meant to push people to use your S-Drive, you are successful.

I am sad to leave the Coffee Cup family of software. But your transition has left some of us behind. If you want my business, work as hard on making the publishing/uploading to our own server as hard as you're working to sell S-Drive.

I'll be watching your email blurbs for notice that you've finally heard us and invite us back to the fold.

Thanks for many years of great, great products! Will love to come back.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Michael Ashland wrote:
I've been using almost all your products for years. Unfortunately, with the demise of Flash, I started looking for alternatives. Your Form Builder is perfect for me in every way, except that you have made publishing the form and it's elements to my own server such a ridiculous hassle that I can no longer use it.

Your S-Drive works great. Unfortunately, not all our clients are okay with hosting parts of their sites on other servers.

The process for publishing/uploading your products to our own servers was effortless and always worked. You've now made it almost impossibly complicated and riddled with errors. If this is meant to push people to use your S-Drive, you are successful.

I am sad to leave the Coffee Cup family of software. But your transition has left some of us behind. If you want my business, work as hard on making the publishing/uploading to our own server as hard as you're working to sell S-Drive.

I'll be watching your email blurbs for notice that you've finally heard us and invite us back to the fold.

Thanks for many years of great, great products! Will love to come back.

Thank you for your feedback Michael, but I am confused by your statements. How exactly is it difficult and as you say "riddled with errors"?

To publish your form to your own server, go to the File Menu > Export > Manual Server Setup. This will then generate all of your form files that you need to upload to your server. Simply take those files and upload them with any FTP client. Uploading files with an FTP client is pretty much what we all do every day with one type of file or another. No complicated setup or anything. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Michael,

All you have to do is export the form and upload it to your server. I personally do not see how that is complicated or a hassle. It is the same thing you have to do for a web page or HTML file.

I have received no errors when doing this, can you explain what errors you have received so I can try and replicate it? Because trust me if something is broken I can find it. :P

I am willing to help you at getting Web Form Builder to work for you, I just need more information.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 1806874 Photo

2 posts

If I can upload the new form builder to my server, ( with help from Scott) my goodness anyone can! I am not up on much of anything past being able to edit html a little, so I have to ask LOTS of questions. Most of the kids at CC know me as Grandma & I have 15 sites online. I am so fortunate to have found CC & just LOVE the new form builder. I like adding MY backgrounds & MY images. My sites may be designed a little old fashioned ( as my son says) but they are all designed by me & VSD, no templates. Without CC I would not have any sites online & would not be supplementing my Social Security..THX ;)
User 65069 Photo

14 posts

As you're officially taking requests the one thing I am waiting for as well as the company I work for is conditional branching ... i.e. if answer A=abc then ask question B or if answer B =def then ask question C on the form.
User 1617439 Photo

12 posts

Hi, I like Steve Warner's idea for conditional processing but I'd like to see math too.

We are a non-profit group that holds a cardboard boat race and preregisters boat sponsors, and sailors. (sailors are another form) We'd like to combine both forms and also caculate the registration costs.

There are 3 types of boats, and select races that each type can run in. We also pre-register sailors.

Check out: http://www.hudsoncrossingpark.org/cardb … ation.html
(in test mode right now) We have to trust the user to enter the right amounts.

I have no idea if this is even possible but it'd be great if it could be done.
Thanks,
Mike Bielkiewicz
PS. The Form Publishing feature is really great. The more powerful you make this product, the more there will be a need for a new category like WEEBIE with extra Forms. Three may just not be enough.
User 1985096 Photo

1 post

Very pleased with all the new features but.....
To make form builder the #1 on the market you need to add conditional logic.
An example is to select Home or Business from drop down, radio etc then depending on selecton, certain aspects of form are displayed relevent to the selected type.

Apart from that keep up the great work.:)
User 2334228 Photo

1 post

is it possible to place a google map on the contact form. thx
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

eli farin wrote:
is it possible to place a google map on the contact form. thx

There is no feature built-into the software to do that, but if you use the Automated Form Processing, you could insert the Google Map code directly into the form.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.