Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 1941372 Photo


Registered User
92 posts

Another cool feature in PSPad [http://www.pspad.com/en/] is the Color Dropper. It allows one to click on a color ANYWHERE on the "desktop" and capture that color. It actually pastes the HTML Color Code into the document, but I would rather it open the color chooser window so I can manipulate that color before actually using it. For instance, say there is a color on a website that I want to copy and use on the website that I'm developing, but I want it to be just a bit lighter, I can use the Dropper to go get the color and then use the slider ('cuz any self respecting Color Chooser window has sliders!) to lighten it a bit before I hit OK and have the code be added to my document.

This would be great in the Visual Site Designer, too. In that case, it would just match the color in whatever object was selected before activating the Color Dropper.
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 1941372 Photo


Registered User
92 posts

Prehistoric Profile wrote:
Have a look at the Color Translator in PSPad [http://www.pspad.com/en/] I would love it if that was in the CoffeeCup HTML Editor.

It translates between HTML Color Code, Color Name (where there is one), Percent Notation, RGB notation, and CMYK [though, for the HTML editor that's lower priority].


I just noticed that the Color Schemer has most of this, so, add the rest to the color schemer and that should do it!
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 184085 Photo


Ambassador
1,707 posts

I don't know if i am the only one who does this but I typically put:
<meta name="dcterms.created" content="Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:46:42 GMT">
<meta name="revised" content=""/>


on my pages to help me keep things current and such, so it would be nice if in the editor I could highlight the date, and on the right click menu select "Insert current date and time" to update things.

Thanks ;)
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 469268 Photo


Registered User
67 posts

david wilson wrote:
I don't know if i am the only one who does this but I typically put:
<meta name="dcterms.created" content="Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:46:42 GMT">
<meta name="revised" content=""/>


on my pages to help me keep things current and such, so it would be nice if in the editor I could highlight the date, and on the right click menu select "Insert current date and time" to update things.

Thanks ;)

Have to agree, click and insert current system date and time would be very helpful.
User 2437923 Photo


Registered User
13 posts

Menu Insert > CSS Menu Designer > button "Preview" calls the default application for files with (x)htm(l) extension and no necessary call a browser ...

Better is when everyone clicks on "Preview" button, always a browser shows.
My mother language is French
User 152609 Photo


Registered User
4 posts

As someone else mentioned, I would really like to see a simple character counter. When making sure my title and description meta tags are Google-friendly, I find myself switching back and forth between Coffee Cup and Notepad++, just for this simple ability.

Thanks,

Deron
User 1975732 Photo


Registered User
31 posts

I'm now all into the Pagespeed (Google hit my rank for pagespeed)

MS Frontpage use to have a ReSampling command it would reduce your image size to the image size of the HTML tag. Saved a bunch of time going in and out of Photoshop to tweak image sizes.
I always 1st use Photoshop to optimize image for web - but then while programming I need to change the image size to get the right look so it's a lot of back and forth...between programs.

If you use Google's pagespeed app in foxfire it will give you an optimized image you can download and insert in website... it's time consuming - would be nice if this could be streamlined. or have a Gzip option....

also i would love a Htaccess maker/editor in the editor .... expiration dates & redirects

thanks
liza
Cancun
User 2386060 Photo


Registered User
19 posts

I think the html editor needs a wee bit of code to convert characters like ?,ö,ü and other characters that need &#xxx coding to be displayed properly. It can process these characters while they are written and convert them to &#xxx when saving the html file. Right now, on my instance of html editor, is spells ? as some weird looking character...

Yoda
User 38401 Photo


Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

lamecamel wrote:
I think the html editor needs a wee bit of code to convert characters like ?,ö,ü and other characters that need &#xxx coding to be displayed properly. It can process these characters while they are written and convert them to &#xxx when saving the html file. Right now, on my instance of html editor, is spells ? as some weird looking character...



Did you check the Character tab to see if what you're looking for is there? The editor does have a lot of characters setup there that you can use. If that's not what you mean, then sorry I'm misunderstanding.
User 63451 Photo


Registered User
14 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
lamecamel wrote:
I think the html editor needs a wee bit of code to convert characters like ?,ö,ü and other characters that need &#xxx coding to be displayed properly. It can process these characters while they are written and convert them to &#xxx when saving the html file. Right now, on my instance of html editor, is spells ? as some weird looking character...



Did you check the Character tab to see if what you're looking for is there? The editor does have a lot of characters setup there that you can use. If that's not what you mean, then sorry I'm misunderstanding.


Jo Ann. I think you misunderstand.
When writing other characters than Lamecamel wrot than is it something like this.
?ŽŠ ?žš
It is how it looks in editor èèè žžž ššš and on IE. I actually can not see preview file in Mozzila.
You see it is big difference between ? and è

Andres

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.