Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 488605 Photo

6 posts

It would be nice if there was an option to "Tick To Publish/Not Publish" on the page properties, so that you can choose if you don't want a specific page not to publish.
User 460865 Photo

15 posts

It would be nice to lock objects so you don't accidentally move them when editing.
User 460865 Photo

15 posts

I'd also like to see transparent images show their transparencies in design mode. Thanks.
User 488605 Photo

6 posts

A Spell Checker would be useful too
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

+1 on spellcheck, since I suck so bad at spelling.
sometimes I get all the letters, but put them in the wrong order.. duuuulexia, or maybe just bad typing, brain to keyboard connection has a loose screw.

User 2055272 Photo

2 posts

Hi Scott,

I am using VSD in combination with website access manager.
In website access manager it is easy to secure one folder. To access pages in this folder you need to do a login.
If it was possible to chose a subfolder to put my safe pages in VSD it should be great. Then I could put my new pages that I want to secure in this folder.
Now I have to secure every single page instead of just secure one folder.
Website access manager supports this but not VSD.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

They only way you can do this is to design two websites. Your primary one which you access now and another website that you upload to a sub-folder on the same server. You will then password protect the new sub-folder.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Zac wrote:
I want to be able to use another image for mouseover, rather than having to change the html myself. ;)

Hi Zac, you can do this. Choose mouseover>mouseover object. Then choose fill and fill the mouseover object with another image...

Success, John
John van Hulst
User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

Not sure if the has been mentioned but I would live to see the Icons across the top and down the side a lot smaller or at leat the option to have the icons smaller,

I think for new users and beginners its great to have the larger icons but for people who have been using VSD for some time they just don't need to be that big plus the extra space on the page would be a help...

Just My Opinion...
Murray Walker: And look at the flames coming from the back of Berger's McLaren
James Hunt: Actually, Murray, they're not flames, it's the safety light.
User 2176507 Photo

214 posts

All of this has already been said but I wanted to put my vote in for:

1) auto page size/length
2) master template
3) single page upload
4) horizontal "show page" so that more pages will show without scrolling

Thanks for a great product,
yeto

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.