Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 235972 Photo

55 posts

*filtered* Again VSD stops working at a critical stage?

PLEASE PLEASE put an auto save function on this software!

frustrating...
It aint about how hard you hit, its about hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. THATS HOW WINNING IS DONE!

www.viperonline.com.au
User 1568681 Photo

1 post

Standard Setting for New Pages. If I want to make a change to the pages across my whole site, such as the link color, then everything changes, such as the page size.

So if I have changed the page size of individual pages and then go to change the link color across the site, all of my pages revert pack to the standard page size, so then I have to go back to all of my pages and change the page size.

(Also, it would be really nice to make changes to link colors for individual links within a page.)
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

How about a "copy attributes" button.
When editing a site it could streamline changing fonts, colour fills, matching custom fade on different design elements etc.
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Try this.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/designer/vsd-has-stopped-working/
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 422767 Photo

259 posts

Dunno if this has been suggested yet, but transparent images remaining transparent over other images would be totally rad.
Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?
User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

I'm evaluating Visual Site Designer and here's my wishlist so far:

1. Why only points on fonts and why the limited selection? CSS can do pt, px, em, %, etc. Please include those options and include an edit box allowing entry of any number (within a validated range if you must).
2. It's difficult to select small things like thin, small text without, instead, selecting the object behind. I would like some sortof layering system with hide and lock, or at least a way to lock objects so they can't be selected. Perhaps a locking tool (click an object and it locks, click it again and it unlocks -- perhaps a little "lock" icon appears on a locked object). Another way around this is to make it so shift-clicking with the Pointer tool selects the un-selected and un-selects the selected.
3. Choosing Fonts: how about a way to both select installed fonts (or family-name fonts) AND generic fonts, and also create a prioritized font list (like is possible in CSS). Even cooler would be a way to filter to a list of standard fonts for various platforms (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Andriod, Blackberry, etc.) Actually, these would be lists of font-family names, since some of these fonts are likely to not be installed on the development machine. The way it is now, font selection is limited to what is installed (and there's no way to specify generic fonts such as 'sans-serif', 'cursive', etc.)
4. Guides would be nice (you know, horizontal and vertical lines that you can drag onto the page and use for aligning things.)
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Guides are already available on VSD...

Open the "View" menu and you will find it toward the bottom... Insert Horizontal Guide, and Insert Vertical Guide.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 422767 Photo

259 posts

I want to be able to use another image for mouseover, rather than having to change the html myself. ;)
Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?
User 488605 Photo

6 posts

It would be great to have an "Anchor Tool" so that you can anchor (Link) text to a "specific place" on another page. rather than just linking to another page.

Also it wouold be good to be able to keep each "Properties Tool" open together. rather than closing them and re-opening.

D ;)
User 488605 Photo

6 posts

It would be nice if there was an option to "Tick To Publish/Not Publish" on the page properties, so that you can choose if you don't want a specific page not to publish.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.