If CC would build into its framework a class of div to be a Grid-Container, and have that as an option to insert and select in drop downs, it would be much easier to grab the right grid.
A quick head's up, though, on the CodePen examples - the image URLs currently all have http as the protocol, which is causing content security issues when trying to view them (as CodePen is https only). So, a lot of the images are showing up as broken. Basically, this:
And while you're pinning this thread, maybe setup some "standard" topics that developers might be familiar with or expect: eg: bugs (impossible, I know, but still...), usability (like those & shortcuts for menus - they really should be there, windows 101), this forum suggestions (like the search bar).
This should be a pinned thread, like in the other discussion groups. I didn't notice this until I separately posted a feature request thread. Mod, feel free to delete my posts.
1. Grid Editor to be movable in the screen, and resizable. Right now, the Grid Editor covers up elements one might want to change and use a visual reference.
2. A quick way to launching Grid Editor. For example, when selecting a text element, instead of remembering which container in the drop down is attached to the grid, have a dot or something, or a quick access button to the closest (or parent) grid of the selected element.
3. Up/Down sections to get to the right grid. I have not got this far, but I can see how it will be useful when creating nested grids.
4. A color-coded view of canvas, that matches colors in Grid Editor, and CUSTOMIZABLE COLORS.
5. A separate Grid Editor window for the parent of the selected element.
6. When resizing the canvas, keep the topmost element in place, so that when resizing to a smaller window, instead of on only pushing content down, and out of view, the canvas stays "anchored" on an element. This can go both ways too, top and bottom screen. Perhaps have a "resizing anchor" option at top of the screen
You seem to be interested in the Grid Editor. I don't know how many minutes you have spent with it, or in the CC forum for that matter. Can't have been much, obviously.
I have replied to your question about the search bar. You would have found it if you had been looking around a bit.
The same with the keyboard shortcuts in the Grid Editor. See attached, regular Windows shortcuts..
As to the blank template. We asked for that when the Grid Builder was launched, but Bob's answer was, that the CSS Grid system was quite new, and they had deliberately added a template with something on it so as to help the newbies to this system getting started. After a while some users did exactly what you did, deleted the contents and made their own blank template.
After yet another while we had this Site Designer being launched, and it has the Grid builder as an incorporated feature. So, since you found only two pages in this forum, and actually no recent discussions, it simply means that the users have started using Site Designer instead. Some of Bill's suggestions have been added there, and some others have become redundant.
Everything is right there like it was in RSD 1.5 before things got mucked up with the framework additions. Do major "open code surgery" and come out with a brand new simple, fast loading program that just does Vanilla Css Grid barebones and lets get on with having fun with what is the real joy of Grid, designing the way it was meant to be "FUN".
Do major "open code surgery" and come out with a brand new simple, fast loading program that just does Vanilla Css Grid barebones and lets get on with having fun with what is the real joy of Grid, designing the way it was meant to be "FUN".
I'm sure CC will be glad to do the major "open code surgery" when you pay for the development time. Sheesh!
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at email@example.com or call 865-687-7698.
Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.