Animation software - Post ID 301641

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Hello Everyone,

There used to be software that you were able to create animated GIF files for banners and stuff. For example, the animated image on the opening CC page was made in Photoshop and saved as a mp4 video. It's displayed using the html video tag. Photoshop is not an option for me. Can anyone suggest another simple program to create these types of animations?

Thanks in advance.
Learn something, Share something.
User 3150203 Photo

3 posts

Photoshop is the most easiest way to design GIF but if you don't have it then search some online application to create your own GIF.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I use the free and fairly simple VideoProc Vlogger for video editing and it seems to have all that you would need to create an MP4 video with various moving graphics as on the CoffeeCup opening page.

Frank
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Anyone using Canva?
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Bosco wrote:
Anyone using Canva?

Thousands !!
My wife for 1 :D
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I don't know anything about your wife. Is she using the pro version? It seems pretty easy to use.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Bosco wrote:
I don't know anything about your wife. Is she using the pro version? It seems pretty easy to use.

no idea, you just asked if anyone used it, she seems to be able to produce some pretty videos fairly easily, but mot my style and I use Photoshop,, no other option for me :D
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Canva is a great application! I use it all the time. I also use another application that is much more basic but super easy to use called Graphics Creator by Laughing Bird. I use the online version of that.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still looking.
User 3158410 Photo

4 posts

Hii,

If you're looking for alternatives to Photoshop for creating animated GIFs, there are several options you might consider:

GIMP: This is a free, open-source image editor that supports creating and editing animated GIFs.

Piskel: Piskel is a free online editor for animated sprites and pixels that allows you to create simple animations and export them as GIFs.

ScreenToGif: If you need to capture screen actions and save them as GIFs, ScreenToGif is a handy tool.

Adobe Animate: If you're looking for a more professional solution, Adobe Animate offers robust animation tools.

Canva: Canva's online design tool has some simple animation capabilities that could be used to create GIFs.

EZGIF: A web-based tool that allows for the creation and modification of GIFs. Great for simple animations.

Remember, the best tool depends on the complexity of the animation you want to create and your comfort level with the software. Most of these options offer free versions or trials, so you can explore and see what works best for you.

Thanks

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.