Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 695331 Photo

14 posts

That is 30 min X however many workflow forms a client might have X however many clients have business systems where your product is useful X however many of their team members unnecessarily have to learn to edit the email and remember to edit it if the form changes. I guess I am an unusual user of your product. I am always on the lookout for stuff that makes business systems more efficient. This product is doing it for me, but I am suggesting a simple way that it could work better. I have stated my case. I do appreciate the helpful replies to my request. I hope now you understand where I am coming from a bit better. Over to you to consider.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hey David,

First of all it's not my software. I don't work for coffeecup. I own my own Web design business misterwebguy.com. I know the software very well because I use it on a daily basis so I volunteer my time to help out other users that may be having issues. These forums are great and I have sought help here many times when I first started using their software. No I'm just trying to give back.

You will find many helpful people in the forums. And you may even find CC staff in the forums trying to help too.

Now to your issue. There is no software in the market that works as nicely as Web form builder it only takes a small learning curve that saves countless hours of manually coding them. Not sure if you have ever attempted but Yea it is literally hell coding these forms manually so I will gladly spent a few minutes customizing an email form instead.

If you need any help at all with this task please let us know. We are here to help.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 695331 Photo

14 posts

Thanks, Steve and Brian. I really appreciate your generosity in offering advice. I did not realise you were external volunteers. I am really enjoying Web Form Builder and have now used it for several different tasks. It is great to know that I can call on you for advice if I get stuck. I hope that I am able to give back in my world as well as you do here. About my suggestion—this forum seems to be about suggestions, so I just gave mine.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

*gets out her frying pan* haha

Seriously though guys, please do not carry on conversations here about the prospects of a suggestion. If you know that the suggestions are already doable (as they were suggested) or that there is a work around, then by all means please post it. Other than that, it's not business of anyone else what we think of other people's suggestions. If they want a specific thing for a specific reason then the CC team will be the ones to decide if it's something that merits adding. I understand explaining how something works, putting links to it etc. but that's really as far as it needs to go in the Suggestions forums as that's what they are for. Most of your posts here are helping with the suggestion, so there's not a big issue here, but it's getting close to "conversational" and when the OP has to start justifying their posts (or feels they need to) then it's too much conversation.

Hopefully that makes sense as to what this post is about. Not trying to be a stickler here, just trying to keep the suggestions threads clean so the Devs can find what they need without wading through a horrendous amount of posts that are just comments on a suggestion.

Thanks! :)
User 2607183 Photo

1 post

Will there be any options added in the future for lists? It would be nice to insert a list rather than create one each time. Also, what about a frame or grouping option? Also, vertical seperators would be nice as well.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ken Dilas wrote:
Will there be any options added in the future for lists? It would be nice to insert a list rather than create one each time. Also, what about a frame or grouping option? Also, vertical seperators would be nice as well.

You have always had the ability to create your own custom lists. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 506326 Photo

1 post

I would like to see in Web Form Builder. Capability to calculate numeric fields with an expression. (+, - , /, *)
Also, would like to see if a selection is selected then, it can give that selection a numeric value for later use it in calculating numeric fields.
User 2208850 Photo

40 posts

As well as FB I'm using a CMS (no names !!) that also has RECAPTCHA, and PICATCHA, built into it. I'd love to see Picatcha as an alternative option in FB, as most of my users are happier with this than any other form of captcha.
Dave :)
'A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and Tequila.'
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

This is a rather trivial request, but for the plain text element properties, it would be nice for the text area (where the text is entered) to be significantly larger (as in huge).

Some forms need more than one signature. For the signature element under the Static Elements, it would be nice to have more than one signature.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

For checkbox elements, the list of options can get quite extensive. When saving to MySQL, it automatically sets the field to VARCHAR(255). Though more characters can appear on the form, it truncates the data when saving. If possible, it would be nice if FB read the number of characters required for the checkbox element and made the field type TEXT instead. This would allow for more options to be placed in one element.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.