Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 2324707 Photo

2 posts

First, want to say this is a great program. It greatly simplifies things. Just have two comments/questions.

On most web forms that I see with a date picker field, there is a small calendar image next to the the input box, that when clicked brings up the date picker calendar. Is there any way to add a calendar image with this functionality to the date element?

Second, when the default Thank You message appears after form submission, the form box is the same length as the form itself. This is not really a problem except that the page appears at the very bottom, which means the user must scroll to the top of the page to see the Thank You message. Any way to correct this?

Thanks,

Audrey
User 419872 Photo

85 posts

Can I use the same database as my old web form builder, or is it best to create a new one?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Stephen wrote:
Can I use the same database as my old web form builder, or is it best to create a new one?

I would suggest creating a new one.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2325043 Photo

29 posts

I could really use an "Order Number Generator" built into a form ?

Simply using a time-stamp wouldn't be an efficient approach to the problem.
User 132002 Photo

131 posts

Audrey Harper wrote:

Second, when the default Thank You message appears after form submission, the form box is the same length as the form itself. This is not really a problem except that the page appears at the very bottom, which means the user must scroll to the top of the page to see the Thank You message. Any way to correct this?

Thanks,

Audrey

In my opinion this is a big problem.
Søren, Denmark
User 384067 Photo

1 post

It's a pitty that multiple uploads are not possible :-(
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Jean-Pierre Kestens wrote:
It's a pitty that multiple uploads are not possible :-(

Say ?

You should check this page out: http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/

In the section titled "Yeah, You Can Build That, Too" - 9th checkmark down. "Multiple files can be uploaded at once".

How COOL is that? :cool:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya JPK,

Just add multiple upload elements and you're all set to go :)
User 2325043 Photo

29 posts

i can see where JPK is coming from. It would be nice if multiple form fields were not necessary to for multiple uploads. A singe form field handling multiple uploads would lend to a cleaner interface. Not having to guess how many upload fields will be needed and, by default, including more than are needed - would be nice.

Of course - this opens up an entire programming can of worms.

My customers will get 3 upload fields and will learn to like it :P
User 2231108 Photo

8 posts

Please can we have some flexibility of positioning for the Submit button, apart from left-centre-right?
I'm unable to quickly set up a form (which was my reason for buying WFB) unless I change the html/css, which is something I'm not familiar with. I need the button on the same line as the email form, and it seems I can't do that. Can I have my money back, please:(
Gordon Williams

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.