Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 399197 Photo

46 posts

Now that the form builder is HTML-based, it would seem that the realm of serious form validation is upon us. That was a real frustration with the Flash-based version. Although I haven't done any "for real" forms using the "Full" version, I have been doing a lot of experimenting within the program.

There seem to be some very interesting Javascript-based form validation tools floating around out there, so when I get the time, I hope to play around a bit as I port over all my existing forms—I have a bunch of them—to the new HTML paradigm. My porting challenge, of course will be to make sure and configure my new forms exactly to match my existing mySql table definitions—tab order matches table field order; field data names, types and lengths match the new forms' field definitions—so as to not lose my existing data (I know, I know...make a backup, stupid!). I'm a bit leery of the radio buttons—they were kind of funky in the Flash version.

Now, as to form validation, it would be GREAT if the CC team would create a GUI-based custom validation capability. I'm thinking that under the properties tab for a form data element there could be the provisions for spelling out relevant validation criteria for that particular data element, complete with the accompanying custom responses for various cases.

Dick
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

just filled in a form on a site and it had a great option of holding down the control key to select more than one option.................

*** This is the Default use of List boxes ***
User 2185412 Photo

44 posts

It would be nice to have a "I agree to terms" check box that includes a hyperlink that opens up the terms the customer is agreeing to.
Attachments:
User 170830 Photo

41 posts

It would be nice to have a "I agree to terms" check box that includes a hyperlink that opens up the terms the customer is agreeing to.

You could and there is a work around make an image with the treat it like a button with the text "I agree to terms” use the add image button on the elements tab under magical you then can put in the url there and will jump to it when clicked
Peter aki badger I only see what I want to
User 170830 Photo

41 posts

you then could.... in your form have a check box that has I have read and agree to terms or something like that
Peter aki badger I only see what I want to
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

I need to have a required field.............but it needs to be OS ticket number 6 digits OR ebay item number 12 digits or a text option saying phone.

I have tried using the number option but it does not do what I need.

*** DONE *** Regular Expressions will accomplish this and a whole lot more

User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Mmm has any one else found you can not have a number field with 12 numbers in it..like an ebay ID??

Can this be edited??

*** DONE *** Regular Expressions will accomplish this and a whole lot more
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Gordon Chase wrote:
I would like conditional fields.
eg. do you wish to undertake our survey yes/no
If yes, the extra fields would appear on the form below the question.

Plus one for this . Its almost essential. The more I try writing the form the more I find out how essential it is.
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

The most important thing I need currently is the ability to use various elements (as a block) and be able to REQUIRE one of them to be filled in. At present I can only see a way to require all of them to be REQUIRED as individual items.

For instance an ebay item number OR support ticket number OR a set of radio buttons like Phone/Email/Skype

I only require one of these elements to be filled in.

I know someone will say use free text but I want to be able to use the output to count how most problems are reported etc and free text people can write anything.

User 140444 Photo

99 posts

I know this will probably get moved to the Tips or Suggestion area, but I wanted to post this for all to see for a little bit.

I added the reCaptcha to the site I am currently working on and here are a few tidbits of info:
1) There are currently 4 different reCaptcha themes you can work with, see them here:
http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/d … ation.html
2) You can change the theme in the form.html file - This will be the .html file created after you name and save your form. If you MANUAL upload the forms, it will be in the main form folder. You will see the main folder, then the .php file. Open the folder and you will see the .html file
3) Look for this:
<script type="text/javascript">
var RecaptchaOptions = { theme : 'red' };
</script>
Change the { theme : 'clean' } to, { theme : 'red' } or { theme : 'white' } or { theme : 'blackglass' } - That would be your 4 themes. Depending on the size of your form, you can pick a theme and a size.
4) Save that form.html file and re-load and you should be able to see your new theme.

You can see the 'red' theme on this site here: www.killerkore.com - I am not a huge fan of the themes, I wish there were more but the 'red' fit the area I was working with.

Scott or someone may want to weigh in on the way i did this to ensure that I did it correctly, but the form works perfect for me with the new theme.

My suggestion for an updated version of Web Form Builder would be the following:
1) In Form Properties, when a user selects Captcha - Manual you would then,
2) Get a new drop down under public key/private key to select the clean, red, white or blackglass reCaptcha theme.

That in turn would change the reCaptcha Options to whatever you selected.

I hope this helps someone out there!

*** DONE ***

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.