version 50-3479 doesn't start any...

User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Hi there, I have on my windows 10 PC installed the version 50-3479 - but when I try to start it an erros says "couldn't be started (0xc000007b) - click OK to finish...
I uninstalled and reinstalled - the same - I installed an older version = 3470 - the same.
I have a webpage made with this version (on this PC) and I want to insert news...
What can I do ?
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Googling (without the inverted commas) '0xc00007b' suggests that this is a pretty common error often related to some Windows OS corrupt or missing files.

https://www.howtogeek.com/874113/how-to … n-windows/ lists most of the cures on offer. I would be inclined to try the Windows built-in System File Checker in any case, simply because, even if it doesn't cure the problem, it's always useful to be confident that one's Windows OS is OK.

Frank
User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Hi Frank,
many thanks for the link. I will try it on Monday when I will be back on that computer. Meanwhile I can use an installation on another PC that works. I will report, if I can solve the problem on the other PC...
regards
Michael
User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Hi Frank, sorry did all what they proposed - uninstalled all Microsoft Visual C +++ and installed newest one, did the System check and repair with command prompt - nothing helped. Unistalled site Designer - reinstalled -no start (0x000007b) - all other apps and programs on the PC work fine. I could try install elder ones but than I can't start the website, that I need to configure...
Any ideas ?
User 2699991 Photo

4,797 posts
Online Now

Mich ael wrote:
Hi Frank, sorry did all what they proposed - uninstalled all Microsoft Visual C +++ and installed newest one, did the System check and repair with command prompt - nothing helped. Unistalled site Designer - reinstalled -no start (0x000007b) - all other apps and programs on the PC work fine. I could try install elder ones but than I can't start the website, that I need to configure...
Any ideas ?

Try updating to the latest version of site designer (3541) unless your subscription has expired
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Hi Michael.

If your subscription has expired, the following might help.

The fact that SD is working on your other computer suggests that the problem isn't with your version and build of SD itself, and it might be worth considering the following.

1. Perhaps the installation file is faulty. If so, downloading again from 'My Purchases' and reinstalling from that new download may perhaps do the trick.

2. There are, of course, at least two ways of starting the program:
(a) by double-clicking on the project (.rsd) file in Windows File Explorer;
(b) by simply opening the program itself from Windows Start or the like.
Using method (a) could be problematic if the project (.rsd) file was corrupted. That could be established by using method (b) to create a new project file: if that works OK, suspicion would fall on the project file used in method (a).

If the above notes don't help, I'm sorry to be out of ideas.

Frank
User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Hi Frank ande Wayan,
Could it be that my subscription has expired ? When I bought the version it was said I can use it for lifetime. (The old version.)
I can't download the newest version withot buying new. What if I buy and happens the same. And for the moment I have no time to occupy myself with building websites - so there is no real need for buying new versions.
My old installation file cannot be faulty because I tried older installation files as well and they don't work the same way.
There must be something on my computer that forbids sitedesigner to start.
OK I'll try now my notebook.
Thanks for trying to help.
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Mich ael wrote:
... Could it be that my subscription has expired ? When I bought the version it was said I can use it for lifetime. ...

Hi Michael.

You can indeed use it forever. The subscription relates only to updates and support as mentioned at https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … ng-policy/ .

I hope you manage to track down what's causing the trouble. When the program starts, it checks whether you have a valid licence, I wonder whether perhaps your firewall or other security software is not allowing SD to connect to make the check.

Regards,
Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Hi Michael, I contacted CC and asked, and it turns out that your license is valid for one more (newer) version, the 3490. You should be able to download it.
If you have trouble starting that one, too, it will have to be something with your computer.

BTW, have you tried starting SD as an administrator? It might help. Right-click on the icon and choose 'Run as admin' (you may have to click on 'More...' first to find it).
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Sorry for my late response. Thanks for all the help. I am very busy these days for other things than webpage building but finally I found the time ...
I had to reinstall windows - and lost a lot of apps - but after that all was fine again. SD is running fine again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.