SIte Designer v4 issues when...

User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

Updated to Site Designer v4 build 3285 a few days ago and I'm experiencing some strange behavior when trying to change the color of components/text. E.g a rule component. I select it, go to 'styles' and then the design tab. The existing color is displayed. Click on the color and the palette starts to load but before it finishes SD has gone and doesn't seem to leave a recovery file. I'm pretty sure it all worked with the last build. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,453 posts
Online Now

No such problem here. I've seen a sneak peek of the next version too, and no problem changing colours.
If you are on a laptop, you may perhaps experience that the position of the colour window is a bit too far down and to the right to be fully seen, but that has been there for a long time and has no impact on how it is working (apart from being a bit of a nuisance...)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,801 posts

Pat Cresswell wrote:
Updated to Site Designer v4 build 3285 a few days ago and I'm experiencing some strange behavior when trying to change the color of components/text. E.g a rule component. I select it, go to 'styles' and then the design tab. The existing color is displayed. Click on the color and the palette starts to load but before it finishes SD has gone and doesn't seem to leave a recovery file. I'm pretty sure it all worked with the last build. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

sounds like you have a wonky install
If I was you I would remove the app
clear out any leftover registry files (if your virus protection thingy has that sort of option)
re-download
re-install

I like Inger have no problems with the colour pallete manager thingy & never had any right from the beginning of time.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

Hi folks, thanks for your input. I did suspect it was an issue with my installation/environment. I've followed the reinstall advice but have now run into some other issues. They may be connected with my original problem so here's what happened.
Uninstalled both Site Designer and Color Palette Manager (just in case that was corrupt)
Downloaded Color Palette manager from CC and installed - all fine.
Downloaded Site Designer and tried to install.
First time Windows Defender popped up saving it was an unknown program. I took the option to run anyway and the installer appeared but then said "Installer detected that Site Designer is running". Odd as I thought WD was off, leaving virus and firewall to Zonealarm. And odd as Task Manager did show any sign of Site Designer. In Windows Security, I turned Check Apps and Files from 'warn' to 'off' to stop Windows Defender from getting involved at all.
New download, start the install, no WD, but still get the 'Installer detected...' message. Retried several times and it stays that way. I've done restarts and new downloads, all to no effect.
What has changed since I successful installed SD v4 build 3285?
Windows 10 Home has updated to Version 10.0.18363 (The one that insists you look at Edge!)
I see from elsewhere that this update to Windows has been active in registry permissions and how programs are installed so wonder if that is causing my install troubles? Any insight is very welcome!
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

An update! My installation problem is resolved. There was a WIndows update that appeared today (KB4497165) which I have now installed and that cured my SD install issue. I'll now repeat the download/install cycle again and see what happens to my original problem of opening the Palette in SD.
User 1775874 Photo

25 posts

And finally... all resolved. It now works, so was down to some form of issue with the Windows update - either it didn't install properly or had an issue that the laster Windows update cured.

Thanks for your help!
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hey Pat glad to hear you got it all worked out!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.