Site Designer suggestions - Page 19 -...

User 2906089 Photo

189 posts
Online Now

I said it before, but I have thought this out further. I would like to nominate a new shortcut key sequence. CTRL +U would open the current element in the "View Element Code" window. Image attached for reference. It would save a couple of clicks. Not everyone has good dexterity.
Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

3,178 posts

Hi all
this may have been suggested before if so sorry

How about
If one changes the name of a page Site Designer automatically changes all the links pointing to that page to point to the new name
(a bit like what happens now if you change an image name, )

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2924830 Photo

39 posts

Breakpoint nervs
It is easy - just obne click - to add a breakpoint - but it takes minutes or so to remove it.
I often jump betweern different breakpoints to see and change the Design and layout for the different viewports.
On every work session my cursor is sometimes going a little bit to high and zack there is a new breakpoint interrupting my work.
Couldnt there be a warning first like "You're going to set a new breakpoint ... yes or no"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
13,320 posts
Online Now

I like that suggestion.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
This site was made before we were able to create components through the app:
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: https://eikweb.com/sharing/
My work in progress right now:
Components for the same as above + HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,873 posts
Online Now

Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs
It is easy - just obne click - to add a breakpoint - but it takes minutes or so to remove it.
I often jump betweern different breakpoints to see and change the Design and layout for the different viewports.
On every work session my cursor is sometimes going a little bit to high and zack there is a new breakpoint interrupting my work.
Couldnt there be a warning first like "You're going to set a new breakpoint ... yes or no"

This happens to me all the time too! Great suggestion!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2695940 Photo

106 posts

Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs

This happens a lot to me also. I mentioned this is a previous post that it was way too easy to set a breakpoint by mistake. What if you had to hold down a command or control key along with the mouse click to set a new breakpoint. I have a couple of sites with custom breakpoints and I have to be very careful not accidentally add a new breakpoint and not remembering which breakpoint is the one I added for a specific reason... hope that they listen to these suggestions.
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,873 posts
Online Now

John Ferguson wrote:
Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs

This happens a lot to me also. I mentioned this is a previous post that it was way too easy to set a breakpoint by mistake. What if you had to hold down a command or control key along with the mouse click to set a new breakpoint. I have a couple of sites with custom breakpoints and I have to be very careful not accidentally add a new breakpoint and not remembering which breakpoint is the one I added for a specific reason... hope that they listen to these suggestions.

I should poke Bob and see what he says!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.