Site Designer suggestions - Page 2 -...

User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

UI Consistency : Double click to select/apply.
    Every time I need to select 'something' via a pop-up/pane, double-click the item should do the trick.

Currently the situation is that one time I only have to double-click and go on with my life/project. The other time I have to actually select the item and click the approval button. Please make life easier, double click should to do it ... everywhere.
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Resource manager : List it
    I want/need to be able to scroll through a listed overview of my added resources. This list should be able to show the whole name of the item, every single character. Not shorten it's name and add '...' to the amputee.
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Resource manager : Show usage
    What items I so enthousiastically added are actually used? And where?
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Resource manager : clean up.
    So I added a whole bunch of files into this project, but I only used a couple of them. A 'select unused items' would be a nice addition next to the delete button.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

File names : Use hyphens to replace spaces
    When naming your site page(s), the spaces used within the should be turned into hyphens. The current '%20' convention sucks.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

File names : Insert page title first
    Start with the page title, like for example 'Coffeecup News Bulletin'. The page will initially be named coffeecup-news-bulletin.html. This (name) however can be overwritten, this will not have any effect on the page title. This feature only applies when creating the page.
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Longer string for class and id names
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Please add the free bootstrap & foundation components buildin the Site Designer

Hey,

I have the impression that the CC team do their own thing and do not listen to the wishes of the users.
I have asked several times for a free bootstrap/foundation components for the Site Designer, but nothing happens.
Why I don't know

Kind regards
Stephane
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Dear,

Possible to make all foundation Blocks in an easy way as to make components.
Buildin adjust the HTML5 / CSS3 / JS in a buildin editor.
Kind regards
Stephane
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

I have the impression that the CC people actually DO listen to their customers. I know positively that they are working on an update for SD3.5, because I have seen a Beta version of it.
Their first priority, after having launched a major update, will of course be to make sure that everything is working as intended. We discovered a series of flaws with v 3.5, so that is what they are fixing at the moment, but they are also adding more features. When it comes to what features are being added, your guess is as good as mine, so we'll have to wait and see. At any rate, adding a feature is typically not something they can do in just 5 minutes.

As to the building blocks that you find on the Bootstrap and Foundation websites, yes, some of them are a bit tricky, because you need code which has not yet been added to SD (e.g. things like ::before and ::after, off the top of my head). But it can all be done by using external css files, or adding it to the head section in Page manager. If I can manage it, someone else will be able to do it too. It's actually just a matter of 'boldly go...' ;)
But of course, it would be nice if there was something similar to the Materialize theme and building blocks, also for Bootstrap and Foundation.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.