latest SDv3 version - Post ID 282946

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Hi Wayan.

If I've understood correctly, Avast gave a false positive regarding the updated SD V3 program on Friday 7 September, but you managed to install it by temporarily disabling Avast. The updated SD V3 then ran, but hit serious problems (which may have been the result of interference from Avast while the program was running). Avast labs examined the SD V3 update and confirmed it was clean. When I checked using VirusTotal on Saturday 8 Sept at 1712 hrs. (Greenwich Mean Time) the Avast program reported it as clean, as the Avast team did to you the same day.

It seems entirely feasible that Avast was updated on Saturday to prevent the false positive recurring, and that, if Avast on your computer is fully updated, it will allow the SD V3 update to download, to install and to run without interference.

I mention the above, not because I'm certain it's the solution, but I'm concerned that the CoffeeCup team don't spend time on a problem that may have been fixed quickly by Avast thanks to your extremely prompt attempts to download, install and run this latest update.

Regards,
Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
Hi Wayan.

If I've understood correctly, Avast gave a false positive regarding the updated SD V3 program on Friday 7 September, but you managed to install it by temporarily disabling Avast. The updated SD V3 then ran, but hit serious problems (which may have been the result of interference from Avast while the program was running). Avast labs examined the SD V3 update and confirmed it was clean. When I checked using VirusTotal on Saturday 8 Sept at 1712 hrs. (Greenwich Mean Time) the Avast program reported it as clean, as the Avast team did to you the same day.

It seems entirely feasible that Avast was updated on Saturday to prevent the false positive recurring, and that, if Avast on your computer is fully updated, it will allow the SD V3 update to download, to install and to run without interference.

I mention the above, not because I'm certain it's the solution, but I'm concerned that the CoffeeCup team don't spend time on a problem that may have been fixed quickly by Avast thanks to your extremely prompt attempts to download, install and run this latest update.

Regards,
Frank

Hi Frank
Not being too technical a person I don't know what happened with Avast, except I got the message that I had downloaded a "Rare & Suspicious " file.(further blurb which I can't fully recall now, included that those sort of files could contain malicious virus stuff blah balh blah) I couldn't open the downloaded file.
I waited for about 40 mins, then decided to get remove that downloaded file (I use a third party program killer that gets rid of everything.

I then disabled Avast and downloaded again. I installed the software, opened a project, went to the new "page manager" thingy, & renamed the index to something else (as I had decided to make a new index page.
The re-name went ok, I added the new page, went back to the "page manager" and realised I had given the old index page the wrong name,,,, tried to change it, and every time I pressed done the project just shut itself down.

I have raised a support ticket & sent the project file to the magicians/gurus at CC, so waiting to see what they come up with.

In the meantime, I started a fresh project and experimented with changing page names, and it seems to be ok, so it must be my other project file that cot corrupted.. I have noticed however that the greying out of "save" "copy & paste" is still occuring quite often.

When the people at CC come up with an answer I will post something here.

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

My question (ever the inevitable), and it may or may not have anything to do with Wayan's issues, but is it necessary to do a clean install of the latest version, i.e. uninstall the older SD3 completely or will the update do that itself?

Thanks guys. Love the application :-)
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

My experience is that there's no need to uninstall the previous build: the update does it itself.

It's a very good question. I find that software updates generally don't make these matter clear - one program (not a CoffeeCup one) I uninstalled first, only to find I had to reinstall it in order to proceed with the upgrade (not even just an update).

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.