Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 250440 Photo

22 posts

oh, and does anyone else think that the rendering of the 'thumbnails' is leaving them looking a little fuzzy?
Kind regards
Corrina
Unique handcrafted jewellery by Corrina Smith
www.greenriverstudio.co.uk
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Those little Javascript mouse over zooms are a good solution to the problem. You still get the same number of products to display on the screen, but moving the mouse over the image increases the size by about fifty percent.

Looking at it purely from the site visitors point of view, I think that could be a major improvement to site usability. It would certainly benefit those with lesser vision.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yeah either way would be fine by me, either larger images like the ones on GreenRiver's site which is a perfect size, or the mouseover thing.

Yes GreeRiver the images look fuzzy to me, I was going to say something about that today too.

Anyone know, does the program just resize in Memory the graphics or is it resizing them and putting them somewhere? If it's resizing and putting them somewhere then like the Photo Gallery (which was all messed up size wise when I used it before) we could just redo the graphics and replace what the program creates?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

This is gonna sound really weird I'm sure, but I'm finding myself in my Shopping Cart Creator having to constantly either retype or copy and paste from external sources things that I repeat a lot for my products (such as "Matching <insert item here> can be found in the <insert category here>).

Any way we can get an in program clipboard possibly?
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Wolverana wrote:
Yeah either way would be fine by me, either larger images like the ones on GreenRiver's site which is a perfect size, or the mouseover thing.
If you want to see a neat example of one of the Javascript mouse over zooms I am describing, check out unitedwatches.net I have no connection to the site at all, but the Javascript zoom on the home page shows what can be accomplished, without diminishing the number of items that can be displayed on the screen.

Now we have the designer software, there are very few criticisms from the perspective of how the shop is displayed to the customer. Anything that makes things easier for the customer though, just has to be a good thing. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

wow that's a pretty cool zoom system Will, mouse sensitive so it moves the zoom as you move your mouse over the item, very cool indeed.

I don't even care if we have anything that intensive, just would be great to have the larger picture option be it larger thumbnails or a mouseover larger thumbnail, but man that zoom would be cool too.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Parts of cart creator are already written in Javascript, so the developers are already familiar with programming in the language that is used to create the mouse over zooms.

Ideally an increase of image size to 1.5 times the original thumbnail works best, as it still gives potential customers the incentive to view the product description.

Perhaps this could be a future feature of cart creator, at some later stage?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'd love to see an option that we can add if we like on the checkout page (making it required if possible) that asks if they would like any items backorded, replaced or cancelled if an item is not in stock. Maybe a radio button to choose their option? This would help with those of us that will be working with limited quantity items. :)
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

It is actually possible to do that already Jo Ann, by using the options. :P

Remember that cart creator has no ability for data capture, so all the order information comes back to you directly from the payment processor. One major advantage in using the options in this way, is that their request is clearly on the payment processors site too, so there are no arguments should a dispute occur. The payment processor can also see the customers preference on their own database. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

So you mean options at Paypal? Not sure what options you mean sorry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.