Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Aunty B,

Although I'll leave your post here because it does have 2 relevant suggestions, I just want to point out that suggestions are things you already know aren't in the software. Since you say you haven't looked to see if the software already has the features you're suggesting it makes them more like questions than suggestions in the end hehe. In other words, post here for things you need that aren't already in the software. Hope that makes sense.

As for the answers you need, number 1 is already in both Basic & Pro versions, 2 & 5 are in the Pro version of the software. Number 5 is hazy for me, I haven't tried it so I don't know what it all entails, but it does have a report function for sales, I just don't know what is in the report.

The program isn't built with a database which will make it difficult to add your numbers 3 & 4 into it. I don't know if they ever intend to work things like this in or not, would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it as the whole idea of the software is to do this without a database system for those who dont't have database experience etc. It could be a future addition at some point though, can't answer that part. I can say this isn't an accounting software so I don't think you're going to see accounting systems in there for your P&P, you just need to account for that cost in your shipping prices and call it good.

What's good about it though is that with the Pro version and the weight based shipping they have included in it, you can add that P&P cost in there a lot easier because you can account for it by the size/weight of your packages where in the basic version it's pretty much only by amounts of items. That may help you at least be able to add the cost in there with a more realistic dollar amount for most things.

Numbers 1 & 2 are covered with the PayPal email you get (or whatever your payment processing system is) which gives you all the information you need for their order as well as the new SKU number on the Pro version. The basic version does also give you all the information, it just doesn't have the SKU number system in it so you need to add things like that to your titles and such if you need clarification of an item number.

Hope that answers some of your questions. Good luck with it :)
User 466997 Photo

65 posts

Hi Jo Ann

Thanks for your great indepth reply. :)

I've decided to download the PRO trial (I have the basic version) and take a good look at it though it's beyond my budget at the moment. At least if I do this I can see the differences and maybe work out if it's worth buying in the future or looking elsewhere.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're quite welcome, have fun with the Trial of Pro, I'm sure you'll fine it quite handy. Don't forget to check out the trial of the Designer Pro too if you aren't using that already. Designer pro is needed for any theme editing for the Cart Creator Pro. Enjoy!
User 2063574 Photo

1 post

I love the inventory control, however, it would be nice if you could also use the optional fields option and have a way of tracking different colors/sizes of the same product so you don't have to list them individually in order to keep up with how many of what color/size product you have left in stock.

I would also like to see the option of including a product in more than one category without having to duplicate it. AND if you duplicate into another category how does that affect your inventory control? Say I have only 2 of a particular item and I list it in two categories does that double my product available shown in my inventory?

Thanks for listening!
User 2161324 Photo

24 posts

Is there or will there be a way for the user of SCC Pro to define the shipping method in the weight based shipping specific to the item rather than allow the buyer to choose the shipping method.

ie.....
I want to create an item and only offer UPS shipping for that item, not allow the buyer to choose which method they want to use.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

If you only want UPS then only offer UPS, if there is only one choice, then the customer can make only one choice. It is up to you, what the shipping method/s is/are.
User 119187 Photo

18 posts

I have some freebies that I've included with my for sale stuff. Why is there no way to include a "Free" tag or something without having to put in a penny and tell folks to ignore it? I was hoping by now you would have incorporated that. I'm sure I asked about it several versions ago.

Thanks
╔══════════════════╗

Donna
http://expressive-designs.com

╚══════════════════╝
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

dfsmetsfan wrote:
I have some freebies that I've included with my for sale stuff. Why is there no way to include a "Free" tag or something without having to put in a penny and tell folks to ignore it? I was hoping by now you would have incorporated that. I'm sure I asked about it several versions ago.

Thanks

I am sure eventually we will incorporate that feature. Right now we are concentrating more on selling things within a shop then giving things away for free. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

dfsmetsfan wrote:
I have some freebies that I've included with my for sale stuff. Why is there no way to include a "Free" tag or something without having to put in a penny and tell folks to ignore it?

Probably because there is no profit in folks giving things away for free. :rolleyes:

Most 'freebies' tend to be marketing ploys, that the consumer sees right through.
User 374248 Photo

5 posts

I would like to see Shopping Cart Creator, to run inside a html table, keeping the sites original navigation in place.

Mike

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.