Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Will - Nope, it's my newest venture. I'm about a month away from opening day, but am working on it daily. I still have a few transactions with the state to take care of, but will be almost ready to do business before I actually move up there. I named it that in honor of my Mom and her dedication to being a "hillbilly" -vs- a "redneck" thank you very much :) She was a trip, and is probably smiling on us for this (at least I hope).

Dave - Grass strip runway eh? I miss those. We have dirt and gravel out here in NM but you have to dodge the mesquite bushes and Jack-Rabbits. Nice site. Is Buckeye-Air still an active business? Heck that lake on your other page looks like it could make a nice runway :) There is one up in New England somewhere that sets up for business each winter... Really neat, I'd love to go there someday.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

I wouldn't have a clue as to what the difference was between a hillbilly and a redneck Phil....:)

Would I be right in assuming that Hank Hill (King of the hill) was a redneck, or am I wide of the mark? I hear the expression a lot in stateside tv programs but never sure what the exact term refers to.
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

*passes around the chocolate frogs and teapots but hides them from Eric and Will* ;)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Will - Yes Hank Hill would be considered a redneck... Truthfully I'm not really sure there is a difference. She always claimed there was, but never got into details. There's also "hick" to throw in the mix. I just kind of chuckle anytime ANYONE calls me any of the above. Yep, I'm country, and I can't stand being in cities. Does that make me a freak? I sure don't think so.

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

@Phil, yes the airport is operated by my friend across the lake, and he has a float plane on Buckeye Lake too(Lilly Pad Airport).. he is a nut.. 4 planes and 1 R22 weedeater(lol).
I did his marine site too, it's a coffeecup site http://www.jimcartermarine.com
A hillbilly is a down home guy(person), nothin but the basics.. A redneck is a mussel-brained idiot.

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Dave - Nice :D Tell him to steer clear of the R66 that should soon be in production (if not already). We had one come through this week. For $800k+ I would've expected a bit more power and performance. It doesn't do much better than the R44, and actually looks TOO much alike, it's going to likely cause a mis-fuel accident someday.

Thanks for that clarification on the hillbilly/redneck thing too... Folks will get more than the basics at our place, but hey I'll still take the name :)
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

well, i didn't say they wouldn't make you feel at home and do everything they can for you. JimCarter(90A5) is the same way. I don't think he can afford a new bird with the bad economy, boat sales are very slow. He just wants everyone to pay their hangar rent..lol

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Phil wrote:
Yep, I'm country, and I can't stand being in cities. Does that make me a freak? I sure don't think so.

I live in a small village in the countryside Phil and share your thoughts on cities. :)

One of the reasons I decided to work from home, was so I could stay in that peaceful country environment in the daytime too. Have never looked back. :)

To those of you that are curious as to why Scott has not given any details on the forthcoming pro Cart Creator yet, it's due to the fact that there have been lots of minor changes to the existing code and the inclusion of some new features since the first beta went out to the testers.

Everything that has gone into the extended development time on this product, has been to create a fuller featured product, that can be deployed in a much wider range of business environments. For those that build shops for others, you will have a higher specification solution to offer to your clients. For those that have current trading shops online, the pro version is going to make your life far easier, as you will have substantially increased flexibility with the new feature sets. :)

I know you all want the program yesterday, but hang on in there for a little while longer. All I can tell you, is it will be worth the extra wait. :cool:
User 1873422 Photo

59 posts

I like the sound of 'lots of minor changes' which means issues are being sorted.

I don't quite like the sound of 'inclusion of some new features' as that means more time required for extra testing and polishing.

I hope this don't go down the alley of DukeNukem Forever, where there's this incessant need to include a new feature after every alpha or beta test, or strive to be the best there is on the market at time of launch. After a decade of development, the plug is finally pulled as the producers bow out.

Now I'm not saying SCC Pro will suffer the same fate, but coming from someone who's handled projects before, I understand the temptation of adding new items onto the agenda, and unless its integral to a product's launch, I'd say instead of getting a featureful product, let's keep it solid, tight and perky. Like a cup of coffee.

Oh well, we've waited this long, no harm waiting a little bit more. No matter what, SCC 3.7 still rocks, and IMHO, it's by far the best on the market until... until Pro comes out that is. ; )
My tee shirt site http://www.teedojo.com, warmly and fuzzily done with SCC + SCD. I kinda like it even if I've yet to sell any shirts! Hah!

Catch me and say hi!. I don't bite, but I will help you with your website so you can kickstart your web presence today.
User 76623 Photo

10 posts

A payment method that rivals Paypal in Europe is Moneybookers. I believe Moneybookers added to SCC would be an asett.

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/

I do a lot of buying and sellin here http://www.delcampe.net/page/main/language,E.html there are 27 752 906 items all with Mooneybookers.

As of last week Ebay allows payment on auctions with Mooneybookers as well as Paypal.

Sam

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.