Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 1894280 Photo

10 posts

There should be a way to get the product feed preferably in a XML formatting so we can submit our products to Google Merchant Center etc.... without the need for creating a data sheet on our own.
User 1998277 Photo

7 posts

Question. I have a site that I created with VSD that is linked to a store (not fully completed) made with SCC. Now, I would like to take items that are in the store and place images of those items on pages of the website. On to my question......can I place "add to cart" buttons on the VSD pages that will actually (......sorry for the redundancy) add to cart?

thanks.
www.definedapparel.com
Apparel designed by the independent musician.
Powered by CoffeeCup
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

You can go into Paypal and pick up your own buttons and single snippets of code for products. They will not however, be linked into the actual store you have on a separate server as far as I am aware. That is, you couldn't add them to the basket you have in the shop. What you could do is add a Paypal button image (without code snippet) and get that to link into the Product page on the store itself.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Another thing you can do with the buttons is maybe consider making them a "View Details" button instead of an "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now" button which makes sending them to your site instead of the paypal setup a little more logical too.
User 1998277 Photo

7 posts

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I love the "view details" idea.
www.definedapparel.com
Apparel designed by the independent musician.
Powered by CoffeeCup
User 407770 Photo

1 post

I'm lacking one payment option in SCC - Moneybookers (http://www.moneybookers.com)
When working with web applications in some countries in Africa, PayPal and Google it's out of question. It's impossible to connect them to local bank accounts but that is possible with Moneybookers.
Adding Moneybookers as an option should increase the usability of SCC
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Western Union. Shopping Cart should definitely have a direct connection with Western Union as a form of payment.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 515676 Photo

Ambassador
38 posts

Is there some way already to add 5% surcharge for PayPal payments to all items in the cart?
I just had a big sale and PayPal took $65 from the total for their fees, which is a bit much to cover all the time.
Some say it can't be done, while others are doing it.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Nope. You just have to adjust the prices or absorb the loss. :(
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Reginald Pye wrote:
Is there some way already to add 5% surcharge for PayPal payments to all items in the cart?
I just had a big sale and PayPal took $65 from the total for their fees, which is a bit much to cover all the time.

That should be part of your costings when you set your price. Its a cost to you so should be factored into your price tag, just as any other expense would be.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.