Shopping Cart limitations - Page 2 -...

User 414779 Photo

6 posts

I was waiting for the shopping cart software for almost a year now. I created a store completely using paypal payments.
The store is working, but once the shopping cart was release i was ready to improve it with shopping cart creator, but the integration doesnt seem posible with the actual store i have now.
Basically, i want to have a seemless store. But i could edit CSS to achive some of the same results.
IF!!!!!!
If the options will allow you change the price, meaning by picking and option you could also change the price of the product. Right now the options for the product wont altered anything in price and or shipping. Options could be weight and or different price. The other limitation with options is that you dont additional short descriptions after selecting an option.
For example, flavors. You pick glory choco, but people dont know what glory choco is, so the description will give you a short description for the option picked, right there and there, price can change if you decided to make donnuts glory choco more expensive than the rest of the donuts.

I have a candle store, where you have to pick scents, color and candle bottles as options. The bottles will change the price because of weight, customer can pick them the color, but for the scent, they need a bried description, and i cant do it with the current system.

Any thoughts on adding more features for the options ?!!!

thank you!!
User 515528 Photo

Trial User
1 post

This is a super program. but with the limits in payment options its useless for me :(
What my webpage would need from this program, is an option to check out with leaving email adress and shipping adress + name and such. But no payment, since we send bills later. we dont use paypal or creditcard's.
I only tested the demo. but with the "payment" option I suggest I would buy it in a sec :)
anyway thanks for making good programs!
User 423729 Photo

26 posts

The program is wrote in php, xhtml, html, language that support creating form and sending email why not to create a form in the cart and when a customer finish buying has also the possibility of paying with a bank account and not only with credit card, I think is easiest to make a form that to write a lot of line to use paypal and google, or maybe I'm wrong. Am I??
User 132007 Photo

4 posts

Can you offer Mal's E? I've been using it for years and would prefer it if possible. I would like to intergrate my existing account into Coffee Cup.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've been using PayPal for over 3 years and never had a problem. Not one. Customers don't need to register with PayPal if they want to use a credit card only if they want to use funds direct from their bank account or Paypal account.

I have bought the Google Module because I believe Google will release it in Australia fairly soon.

I've used Shop Factory (expensive) and Zen Cart (with it's 400 page instruction book) and I have to say in spite of CoffeeCup's few limitations I can work around those in order to have something that is simplicity in itself.

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 450214 Photo

2 posts

Also paid for the Google Checkout, only to find out it can´t be used in Denmark!

Tim
User 515676 Photo

Ambassador
38 posts

What chance is there of adding PayMate to the shopping cart. It is similar in some ways to PayPal and is the best option for Australia. Also PayMate is now available for purchases through eBay as they proved their security is at least as good as PayPal.

The integration should be quiet simple in the shopping cart.
Some say it can't be done, while others are doing it.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What we are probably going to do is setup some sort of survey with the top 10 merchants out there and ones we know have an API that we can work with and see what the users want. We top ones we want to do right now is authorize.net, 2checkout and worldpay.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 30934 Photo

19 posts

Sorry, but what I don't like about all these discussion is, that obviously the programmers have a limited view which stops at the American border.
In principle no problem, but is becomes a problem when working for company like Coffeecup, which pretends to serve the world (and so gains money from them)!
So already the mere idea of making a programm like Shopping Cart, or whatever its name is, with only two - very American - ways of paying, without looking across the border, is a wrong idea and an insult to all customers who don't live in the States.
So what we, poor non-Americans, have to do now, is begging for options - which then in the answers of the programmers (viz. Scott) - could eventually become available in the future. This is not the right approach. Looking a little bit further across the borders should be the start! It's a bit like talking to a limited person like Bush and hoping for the open mindedness of Obama.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Aristos, Just an FYI, all of our programmers are located in Spain and the Netherlands :)

When developing software you have to first start with what works for the majority. After that you expand and offer more options.

It is difficult to develop an application right from the start that works perfectly for a person located in Zimbabwe and someone located in Tahiti. Could we do something like you are looking for from the start? Sure, but I doubt you would find it for $49.

Also, PayPal is not a very "American" way to Pay . They support over 190 countries and just a variety of currencies:

* Canadian Dollars
* Euros
* British Pounds
* U.S. Dollars
* Yen
* Australian Dollars
* New Zealand Dollars
* Swiss Francs
* Hong Kong Dollars
* Singapore Dollars
* Swedish Kroner
* Danish Kroner
* Polish Zloty
* Norwegian Kroner
* Hungarian Forints
* Czech Koruny
* Israeli Shekels
* Mexican Pesos

Google Checkout actually started as a company in the United Kingdom and then added support for the USA.

Everything evolves and expands. As users request more features, we will keep up with the user demand. Things that you specifically may find important, others could care less about. That is where we have to weigh the benefits of each thing we put in the software.

The great thing is we offer a fully function trial so you can test it before you buy. If you don't like it, just delete it ;)

I am also not trying to insult either of those countries. I like them both very much ;)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.