Info on Setting up a Store - Post ID...

User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

I was wanting some info on setting up a store for our club. I am the president of a local Corvette club and we do two shows a year to raise money for different local charities. I would like to make online registration available as well as have annual renewal of club dues available online.
So my question is two fold, first will this ore the Pro version do this and second is there a third party involvement such as PayPal or standard credit cards clearance houses involved and what might heir fee's be?
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

I would like to make online registration available

You can easily accomplish this with adding a web form to your Store that would accept Paypal/MasterCard or Visa. For the exact fees you can visit paypal.com and search "fees" it will tell you exactly.

As well as have annual renewal of club dues available online.

There is nothing you can do with scc that would automatically send invoices out for renewal. I'm not sure how you would leverage the SCC are you going to be selling cars on your website?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

No we don't sell cars, we are nothing more then a social club, but the online registration and the ability of members to logging and pay their dues would be helpful.. Not worried about sending out invoices for renewal, that is handled by the club treasurer.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

What i would do is just set up a webform on your server somewhere and send the link out to your members when dues are due. You don't need Shopping Cart Creator for this.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Steve wrote:
What i would do is just set up a webform on your server somewhere and send the link out to your members when dues are due. You don't need Shopping Cart Creator for this.

I would agree with Steven here Jack. While SCCP can handle this job, Web Form Builder is a simpler solution. You can not do automated billing in either program, but as Steven suggested, simply keep a calendar of who owes when and send out reminder emails.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.