Post your Pro Shops here. - Post ID...

User 2120893 Photo

45 posts

My http://ShopTom.com has been updated to Pro with the weight based shipping and multiple prices on some items item.

Everyone works so hard on their website, Lots of hours and even weeks of work. So it seems that everyone else is afraid to say anything but good things about it, or say nothing at all. There has to be problems with my website that someone has seen but not telling me. I'm sure I will over time make adjustments till I find most of them but would be nice to know now.

I think you have a good start but have work to do. (as I have work to do on mine as well)

1. You are not giving your visitors any reason to trust you. I could not tell where you are located or even what country you are in. Most people will not buy from anyone that they can't call on the phone. I myself want to see an address. Take a look at the coffeecup website. You will find contact phone numbers and addresses. You get the feeling that you can trust those people.

2. Larger fonts would help us older people a lot.

3. You have all your products on your home page and then again on your category page. It gives the Over load effect (my home page needs thined a little as well), No need to have categories if everything is on one page.

The above is meant to be helpful.

By modern standards I guess I was out of line, so forget I said all that .. Your site is fine and looks great. Don't worry about a thing, you should have no problems at all. ;)
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

I'm up to the challenge. :)

Re your shop Cawoodwilly, I find your products a little uninteresting to me. I'm female though. I'm sure if I were looking for solar parts, I would find your site more interesting. :D

I like the layout, fonts, photo size is probably ample for what you are selling. I think just a tad more spacing/padding between the rows on the Shop Home page, personally. But it's not too busy, just I prefer a little more spacing. That's about all I can pick at.

Re your comments about Shop Tom, I have to agree on some of them.

1. Agree - even a phone number and suburb if you don't want to give Home address out.

2. Yes, just don't go too large, but Shop Tom has said he's working on design, so that could still be in the works.

3. I'm in two minds. When I looked at it, it did remind me of an Amazon style Home Page and it was interesting, but I can see your point too Cawoodwilly, so I'm still looking at it undecided.

All in all, everyone has done wonderful things given how Pro has only just been released. :)
User 2120893 Photo

45 posts

Bren wrote:

Bren, I get it.. "Brenda". I thought Bren was a guy from the UK. :D My Bad,

I agree and will remove a few items from the home page and put more spacing between the rows.

I just can't understand how soalr products would be boring? I see no electric bills so more money for women to go shoe shopping and more beer for me....

Tom,

You must have updated your home page between when I looked at it and when Bren looked. It does look better and a lot easer to focus on the items.

Something I would like to point out is the way shop pro does the categories. The default puts a line under the category header name which makes it look like part of the above category. This is a little confusing. Maybe a little space/padding above it to, I put a heavy line above mine.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Cawoodwilly wrote:
Bren wrote:

Bren, I get it.. "Brenda". I thought Bren was a guy from the UK. :D My Bad,

I agree and will remove a few items from the home page and put more spacing between the rows.

I just can't understand how soalr products would be boring? I see no electric bills so more money for women to go shoe shopping and more beer for me....

It could be Brenda, but then it may not be. I like to be mysterious. I can guarantee I am female though, and not Bren, the guy from the UK. :D

Actually I think I'd prefer the beer over shoe shopping. I hate shopping in general, but yes, solar is good for the environment and I should jump on board. If and or when I do, I will visit your site. :)

But on topic, I don't think your home page has too many products. I just think a tiny bit of spacing between the rows would make them stand out a little better, but I was picking out little things as there's nothing else that I would change, personally. I think you've done a great job!
User 2120893 Photo

45 posts

Bren wrote:
But on topic, I don't think your home page has too many products. I just think a tiny bit of spacing between the rows would make them stand out a little better, but I was picking out little things as there's nothing else that I would change, personally. I think you've done a great job!

I tried changeing all kinds of things with no luck. So I just put extra spacing and changed to three columns wide.

I can see now that I need to change to a template that allows me to use two columns wide on the home page and put the short description to the right of the image and the payment info and button under the short description. But not change the rest of the store design.

I think it is time to stop messing with it for a while and see what happens.

Thanks for your help and for the complment.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

I like that Cawoodwilly. I think the 3 x extra padding makes the products stand out more. I hope you like it with the 3 products width, as I'd hate you to change it on account of me.

There is a point where design just starts to get too much and you need a break. Fine-tuning can be done at a later stage, and not many people even notice it.

How did you get the bullet points in the description? I like that. I'm downloading updates atm, so I can't get into SCD or SCCP. But looking now, I think your bullet points are gone. I'm sure I saw them on your site. :|
User 1397895 Photo

58 posts

Can someone look at this please? Specifically the categories page. I'm sure the settings are correct but I could be having a DUH moment, or two, or .....

Anyway, the categories page only lists the category Books and then it's two sub-categories, local and George Washington. It's not showing the 2nd Main category, Souvenirs and I can't figure out why? It's on the left listing, I can go to it and see the products.

In my settings for the shop , under pages, I have selected * Show the list of Categories, Show Category Name, Show Subcategories. The site has been uploaded numerous times today as I have been updating the home page and adding inventory. So I know the files are up there. What am I missing?

harmonymuseumshop.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Jo

I see the "Souvenirs" category here. Is this it?

http://www.harmonymuseumshop.com/viewca … ?groupid=0
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1397895 Photo

58 posts

Hi Scott,
Yes thats the Souvenirs page, but did you click on the Categories Page? It is only showing the Books Category, not the Souvenir Category
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott, I think she means when you click the Categories button itself on the menu, that is where it's not showing up.

I had this issue way way back in the beginning of SCC basic beta lol, and I can't for the life of me remember what the problem was. Something to do with the products though, making sure they were turned on to show or something? I can't remember, I'll check all my emails and see if I kept that one or not unless someone answers here and finds the problem soon that is :)

I do know a category won't show up if none of the products are marked to show, but I really don't think that was the issue at that time. Maybe Scott will know or remember as I'm pretty sure he's the one helped me get it back showing up again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.