update s-drive form - but I lose data...

User 2428766 Photo

6 posts

I haven't had to mess with this in awhile and my client wanted some changes in the form. Will I lose the data that is currently accessible via S-Drive?
I guess since I am removing an entry field or two it would ? So what...? Best to same the data for spread sheet entry and just delete the old form and publish the new?
I first published the new form and then realized after logging into Coffeecup that there were 2 forms, the old and the new.
I'm allowed 3 forms under the current plan.... I guess I can keep the older form until the enrollment (form purpose) is up just for data access and then delete it. And my client will have to deal with 2 spreadsheets. I don't think they are going to like the headache this might cause. They might want to live with the existing form until it's cycle of use is over....
Kind of talking to myself, but I imagine others have had to deal with this situation and possibly come up with solutions..... :D
User 2428766 Photo

6 posts

So... I think I can keep all the fields the same but just remove an option. If I re-publish the form to my S-stream with the same name.. will I lose the data (form results) that is/are currently available /
User 2428766 Photo

6 posts

I know it's late.. but I need to get this going before someone new signs up (big ballet school).
Main question is: If I update my S-drive form with the same name and same fields (just removed one option) will the current form results data stay in my Coffecup results page. Thanks...............................
User 2428766 Photo

6 posts

OK... NEVERMIND......:rolleyes:
I did a test with an added form, submitted data, re-uploaded, and it kept the current form results data. I kept all the fields but removed a radio button selection so there was only one option and then used a the display rule on that option to hide an entry field that wasn't desired. Blah blah... problem solved. Goodnight. :cool:
User 2428766 Photo

6 posts

I had forgotten that I could install up to 3 forms... so I wasn't aware at first that I could test it myself. That's why all the concern. :D
I still need to test what happens when you change the number & style of data entry fields and re-upload a form.
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Thanks for following up on that, Mary. ;)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.