Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hello again,

Sure hope things are still being added to this program in light of all the RSD stuff going on. I'm a coder rather than totally visual so although I do like the ease of application for much of this program's functions I would rather not go full blown into RSD if I don't have to. Having said that I have another suggestion please:

I would really love the ability to change an element's type within the program. Mostly these fall into the Heading and List elements for the most part. The rest are pretty specific, but these 2 could always change at any time (most especially the Headings). Would love to be able to do a pulldown menu within the Properties to change it from a H1 to an H2 on the fly without having to revert to waiting on export or adding a new heading/list/etc. and having to reset it up since the classes don't transfer over from one to the other.

Thanks!
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Hi Support,

Can you please added this feature "Inspector" in the Responsive Layout Maker Pro version?
Add more tag elements in the elements pane.

Thanks
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well it took me a few minutes for my old brain to kick in the problem I just had lol, but I'd like to make a suggestion from the experience so...

Can we please have the Containers (etc?) automatically adjust to the min. height/width/etc. of a column they are put in?

For example, I just created a new column within a sub-grid to replace a column that was outside of the sub-grid since we cannot just move things between them (That's another suggestion if it were possible to do!).
Prior to trying to add a container within that column I had adjusted the column's max height to 25 px.
Needless to day it would not let me even add a container into it. I restarted the program as it has this issue often as it is with not letting you copy/paste elements at times. That didn't fix it of course, so I finally realized it was because I had adjusted the height of the column first.

I adjusted the column back to 50px default size and then the container would allow me to add it in there. Ya I know, it's totally logical now that I see it lol.

So... the moral of the suggestion is, please allow items we add within a structure (be it row, column, container, etc.) to auto resize to the dimensions or to fit within the dimensions of the structure we're trying to put it in.

Hopefully that makes sense, shouldn't be too hard to reproduce if it's a bug, but I don't think it is, and I think this will be something that takes a non coder a lot longer than 5 minutes and probably over 10 posts to figure out.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

As seen in my last post, I'd love to see a way to transfer via copy and paste from between layout structure elements and subgrid layout structure elements. Right now it's a tedious thing if you decide to move something that's within a subgrid to somewhere out of it, or visa versa as you have to redo a new one from scratch since the classes and ID's don't transfer over at all. Would be a nice little helper if this were a possibility.
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Hi support,

Can you please implement and buildin the grid layout's both in the next update / upgrade to RSD en RLMP:

1) Bootrap 3 Grid Lay-out
2) W3CSS Grid Lay-out
3) Foundation 5 Grid Lay-out

Thanks
Stephane

Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Dear support,

Can you add this feature to setup the width(min/max) en height(min/max) from set to all the individual elements, the columns, the grid, and the rows?

Thanks
Stephane
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

STEFKE wrote:
Hi support,
Can you please implement and buildin the grid layout's both in the next update / upgrade to RSD en RLMP:

1) Bootrap 3 Grid Lay-out
2) W3CSS Grid Lay-out
3) Foundation 5 Grid Lay-out

Thanks
Stephane

+1 +1 +1

I would like to see this as well, but I would like it to also retain the old copies of the older formats (In other words, right now it has Bootstrap 2.3.2 and many will continue to use this on previous sites) so it will always be backwards compatible with the older versions so we don't have to keep rebuilding our sites. :)

This would also make it easier to keep adding new formats such as the Bootstrap 4 which is about to be released soon as well.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

One thing that would be nice is within the edit pane for the paragraph(or text) element the ability to center some text or right align or justify, I know that I could use small hero to have the top line centered but it would be useful to have the choice of as many lines within a paragraph centered as I need
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Whislist for RSD

Hi support

For the updates of the RSD v1.5 and RLMP v2.0. This is my whishlist:
What do you think?

- Build-in add, modify and edit your source code html code and css. (RSD)
- More css properties (RSD/RLMP)
- set not only in % but in px, em (RSD/RLMP)
- Bootstrap 3 Grid Layout Template (RSD/RLMP)
- W3CSS Grid Layout Template (RSD/RLMP)
- Foundation 5 Grid Layout Template (RSD/RLMP)
- More advanced elements (RSD/RLMP)
- More templates for starting your website (RSD/RLMP)

Look at : see attachment

Kind regards
Stephane
Attachments:
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 1777660 Photo

4 posts

Zoom in and zoom out tools for RLMP 2.0
Laptops
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.