RESPONSIVE PROGRAM now LIVE - Page 4...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well I guess that updates what I last heard a couple months ago then :P Thanks for clarifying that Scott as I would have been thinking that it was going to be for both till doomsday :P
User 732206 Photo

107 posts

So in the end, what is the overall plan?

I've got the Web Editor, the Responsive Web Form and Menu Makers, and the Responsive Layout Maker is coming.

So, the way I see it is that all these Responsive tools will be used to build a Responsive Web site, and the Web Editor will be the tool to put the pieces together and upload or make changes to the site.

Is it how it will be?

And what about the RWD you mentioned?

Gilles
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

GTech wrote:
So in the end, what is the overall plan?

I've got the Web Editor, the Responsive Web Form and Menu Makers, and the Responsive Layout Maker is coming.

So, the way I see it is that all these Responsive tools will be used to build a Responsive Web site, and the Web Editor will be the tool to put the pieces together and upload or make changes to the site.

Is it how it will be?

And what about the RWD you mentioned?

Gilles

Responsive Web Designer will be another Editor in our line up. Instead of using the Web Editor, you would use RWD to build your website. That program would be the one to bring it all together.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

And will it also have a normal tool bar? ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Inger wrote:
And will it also have a normal tool bar? ;)

Why would you need a toolbar? Geeze. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Responsive Web Designer will be another Editor in our line up. Instead of using the Web Editor, you would use RWD to build your website. That program would be the one to bring it all together.

Will it possibly be a WYSIWYG AND with full HTML editing? I hope, I hope. I would also like the ability to switch back & forth between the WYSIWYG and HTML edit with the cursor being in the right place for each switch. Since Microsoft Expression Web is not continuing, this leaves a big gap without having to go with the expensive Adobe Dreamweaver. There is already a gap in the MAC Editors without having to also go Expensive. The only thing that has stopped me from using CC Web Editing is the lack of support for both WYSIWYG and Html. I would LOVE it if you combined the Site Editor AND HTML editor into the new product that you're working on. I think you would sell a LOT of software with this.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sandcrab3 wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

Will it possibly be a WYSIWYG AND with full HTML editing? I hope, I hope. I would also like the ability to switch back & forth between the WYSIWYG and HTML edit with the cursor being in the right place for each switch. Since Microsoft Expression Web is not continuing, this leaves a big gap without having to go with the expensive Adobe Dreamweaver. There is already a gap in the MAC Editors without having to also go Expensive. The only thing that has stopped me from using CC Web Editing is the lack of support for both WYSIWYG and Html. I would LOVE it if you combined the Site Editor AND HTML editor into the new product that you're working on. I think you would sell a LOT of software with this.

If you look at Responsive Layout Maker, you can get an idea how it will work and look. It will be all visual but provide access to various settings in the markup. There is no "visual or code mode" as it is all visual. It provides the best of both worlds. ;)
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

After ShoppingCart Creator, I'll sit on the fence on this one for a while! On the face of it, the Responsive Program holds a lot of promise but what will it do that can't be achieved with Wordpress and a premium responsive theme for a fraction of the cost.
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

Do we know if the new Responsive Web Designer will only allow the web site project to be updated and built on 1 computer as it is at the moment or will you be able to build the website on any computer that has the RWD software on it such as Dreamweaver for example...

Anyone..
Murray Walker: And look at the flames coming from the back of Berger's McLaren
James Hunt: Actually, Murray, they're not flames, it's the safety light.
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Is there a link giving details about this?

Keith

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.