Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

- Please add a more intuitive project manager to manage (site) pages
- Please add the possibility to place site pages into subfolders
- Please add the possibility to create dynamic links to site pages
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

When 'managing the project' I can delete the page name and it stays unnamed. That's odd.
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

A site panel where you can select the different items (divs etc.) and drag & drop pages into (sub-folders). The current Inspector (Outline) in Foundation Framer could offer something like this. It's very convenient. The example shown below is the site panel in Freeway Pro (discontinued).

– Richard

http://dump.rvanheukelum.com/freewaypro-site-panel.png
User 2841431 Photo

21 posts

One thing that it really needs for the HTML Element is a way to edit the code in a larger editor box! Rather than a fixed size box thats impossible to read code clearly. A workaround is to copy and paste from an editor to this box but that just add's another program to the equation.

Great program otherwise!
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Jamie Dean wrote:
One thing that it really needs for the HTML Element is a way to edit the code in a larger editor box! Rather than a fixed size box thats impossible to read code clearly. A workaround is to copy and paste from an editor to this box but that just add's another program to the equation.

Great program otherwise!

Great suggestion... this would apply to all the responsive apps! +1 here!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 52698 Photo

1 post

Hello,

Please add the option of define the language of the html so browser can understand better the language of the web page. I have Website Insight and every time I run a validation I get the error of HTML language not defined...
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

I'd like the app to export it's files 'directly' into it's designated folder, not to create it's own site-folder to export into. When I want to export the project directly into my MAMP html folder, now I have to manually drag the files out of it's parent folder, created by RFF.

I'd like to be able to set preferences for (local) publishing/export within the app's preferences pane. Of course these should be document/project determined.

– Richard
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Ability to export and import components in order to backup or share among the users.

Ability to save components within application rather than projects.

It's waste of time for creating components which can't be used in another new projects.

I have yet to check out Red Mailer v2 but what I have seen in new video this has been implemented in new Red Mailer I guess.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

I'de like to see the ability to 'archive' a project like InDesign does. Collect all used items/resources and put them in a 'Links' folder next to a copy of the RFF document.

Same suggestion goes for Responsive Bootstrap Builder, Responsive Site Designer and Responsive Content Slider, by the way, for they all work the same way.

– Richard
User 2681734 Photo

8 posts

Does it make sense to show the version of Foundation for Sites on the Application load screen or About screen? (Yes, I see the listing under Grid on the Layout pane, but it feels like a button or user editable item - like I could toggle to another version of FFS.)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.