Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Jeff wrote:
The ability to specify margin (and padding) distances in both pixels and % for all directions.

Unlikely to happen, because of responiveness, % values are relative to the width of viewport sizes, pixels are absolute and fixed, there would be an awfully large css file if you had pixels, due to the amount of adjusting you would have to do,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Jeff wrote:
The ability to specify margin (and padding) distances in both pixels and % for all directions.

Unlikely to happen, because of responiveness, % values are relative to the width of viewport sizes, pixels are absolute and fixed, there would be an awfully large css file if you had pixels, due to the amount of adjusting you would have to do,

That is not entirely true, there are some use cases for using pix ;)

Anyhow, are you guys not on our email list? We sent out a sneak peak for this feature mid this week....and tweeted about it too!
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Krysten Hohman wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Currently 3 is the maximum allowed.

That's unfortunate, given that off-canvas menus take up the entire allowance.

The off-canvas in the portfolio template only uses 2 containers I think? Also you can reach way deeper nesting when including a subgrid for example.

Krysten Hohman wrote:

EDIT: Alongside this would be the ability to give names to our containers in the outline so you can quickly find the element you want to work on. This would be especially helpful concerning off-canvas or accidentally hidden items.

Yes, we have been discussing adding the class name(s) to the drop down or dom tree inspector. Good feedback, thanks, this should make it in the app one of these days :P
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2681734 Photo

8 posts

Bob Visser wrote:
Yes, we have been discussing adding the class name(s) to the drop down or dom tree inspector. Good feedback, thanks, this should make it in the app one of these days :P

Great! If you're going that route, then maybe also consider adding a Search field or Filter to more easily find things in complex pages?
User 2846109 Photo

Ambassador
341 posts

Bob Visser wrote:
That is not entirely true, there are some use cases for using pix ;)

Anyhow, are you guys not on our email list? We sent out a sneak peak for this feature mid this week....and tweeted about it too!

That's great news! I forgot to subscribe to the newsletters but just did now. The pic that was tweeted looks amazing! Nice work!! :D

Do the new settings apply to the margin/padding area as well?
http://www.pixelandpoly.com/ (built with Bootstrap Builder)
Video Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMcF0 … EKA/videos
The Universe from A to Z - https://universeatoz.com/ (built with Foundation Framer)
User 2087608 Photo

15 posts

Bob Visser wrote:
The off-canvas in the portfolio template only uses 2 containers I think? Also you can reach way deeper nesting when including a subgrid for example.

The way I'm using it involves one container for the off-canvas-wrapper, one inside that for the off-canvas-wrapper-inner, and then inside of that go the rest of your containers (one for each of the off-canvas elements and one for the the rest of your page content), which is 3 deep. I'll look into the subgrids, but I personally prefer to work with containers.

For now, I've decided to make my project in two separate files and export them separately, then merge the code before upload which should allow me to set it up how I want. I'm just looking for a perfect tool to suit my specific needs, which isn't really a thing (nor would I ever expect it to be), so I'll work with what I've got.

Bob Visser wrote:

Krysten Hohman wrote:

EDIT: Alongside this would be the ability to give names to our containers in the outline so you can quickly find the element you want to work on. This would be especially helpful concerning off-canvas or accidentally hidden items.

I'm excited to hear this. It will take the usability up a notch for sure.
User 2087608 Photo

15 posts

The ability to rename previously created custom classes would be nice. There are times when I'm experimenting with layouts and functionality where I would like to change the name of a class for consistency's sake and currently to do so involves recreating the class from scratch (unless I'm missing something).
User 795047 Photo

15 posts

I'm sure this must have come up before but I can't find it on search.
Some of my pages are php and I have to go back and edit the file name after exporting, to remove the html which is always appended. This has been a problem throughout all the responsive programs so it would be good to fix it in Foundation Framer so we can specify the file extension and export straight to the website.
I also use th "F4" function in HTML editor to upload files and a similar function in Foundation Framer, if possible, would be great.

John
User 2594099 Photo

9 posts

It would be great to be able to add/import components to a project that was started as a blank project without components. I'm in a situation now where I might have to start my whole project over from scratch because I was dumb enough to choose a blank project for it instead of a blank project with components (not knowing at the time what components were). Oops...

Or for that matter if you could import an existing foundation framer project into a new project. So I could start a new one with components and then import the one I was working on.

(Hmm... I wonder if you CAN do that... brb...)
User 2594099 Photo

9 posts

Tygger wrote:
Or for that matter if you could import an existing foundation framer project into a new project. So I could start a new one with components and then import the one I was working on.

(Hmm... I wonder if you CAN do that... brb...)

Lol, nope. No import option I can find. I remain in my dilemma.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.