Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Steve wrote:
Jeff wrote:
It would be great to be able to change the view settings for the project resources area. If we have longer file names they get truncated in the icon view. It can get difficult when we have files that have similar names with different endings. Having a list view of some sort similar to a windows/osx folder, would be great.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/foundation-framer/suggestions-for-foundation-framer/attachments/4232/

+1 for this idea. If you click on the image in the library you can see the whole name but it would be nice for a list view.

I'll +2 it. :D
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

I have already ssuggested giving us the option of turning on or off the "autosave" function or allowing a variable time for it to kick in.

Addition to that suggestion is to relocate the thingy that actually tells us it is "Auto Saving" so that it appears in the middle of the canvas or whatever bit you call that,,,, because at the moment it appears in the bottom left of the screen,, and sometimes (more often than not) I don't see it because I am concentrating on the design,, and again sometimes I hit a button or some other thingy to say save the work just done etc,,,, & when I click something nothing happens I will automatically click again (because it is also known for nothing to happen on clicks even when not auto saving)

This sometimes sends FF into a spin after auto saving is finished.

I realise this is mostly due to my fault,,, but it would be nice to be able to see the indication that it is "Auoto Saving" more clearly

Thanks

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2837804 Photo

9 posts

it may be there but i don't see it.. the ability to add more rows to accordion menu
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Case Johnson wrote:
it may be there but i don't see it.. the ability to add more rows to accordion menu

I think this thread may help. One duplicates the list item containers.

Frank
User 2796380 Photo

94 posts

When selecting photos after resizing allow the panel to remain that size. Its a pain to have to resize every time.
Larry Penny
User 2837804 Photo

9 posts

ability to remove row on html block.. when you create and html element it creates a row... but not all custom elements may require a row would be nice to be able to choose
User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

I appreciate that I am duplicating a number of requests from posts on this thread but hopefully by repeating them reinforces the need for inclusion in the software.

1. Documentation - My biggest criticism of Coffee Cup is the poor quality of the documentation that accompanies a lot of their software. A recurring theme on all Coffee Cup forums are users requesting a detailed step-by-step guide of how to do something or just an explain what a particular function does so I am not alone in this. An example where this is done extremely well is for OpenCart E-commerce (http://docs.opencart.com) where every element of the control panel is explained and there are some brilliant tutorials which take you in simple steps. Coffee Cup could be developing the most powerful software available but if most users either cannot fathom out how to do something, or have no idea of what it is capable of, then they will only ever scratch the surface. Potentially this could put users off and turn them away from what are some terrific software packages. I have read too many tutorials which either make huge assumptions that everyone knows the terminology or shows what can be done without actually giving a clue about how. I know that RFF is perhaps aimed at people who do not mind getting their hands dirty playing with code and .css files but if it is limited to those then Coffee Cup are missing a huge market. It will be a big investment in time but I feel this is essential for Coffee Cup to succeed. The key is to wash your mind of what you know and approach it from a complete novices perspective.

2. Master Pages - I may be old school with this but I consider being able to create one or more master pages on a website not only saves time but prevents a lot of problems as the site gets bigger. I know that Symbols are a sort of compromise. These are fine so long as you have a relatively small website. We manage a website currently with 130 pages, and growing (not yet moved over to RFF). Should we want to add something to every page in a position which is not already a Symbol then it would be a ridiculously time-consuming process.

3. Global site defaults - Being able to define defaults in one place across a site would be a huge time saver, for example fonts, header settings at different breakpoints etc. Also things like Head content which is standard for all pages e.g. Google Analytics, Bing Verification, EU Cookie Code etc.

4. Remove Default Padding - Please remove all default padding applied to Columns, Sub-Grids etc. Currently this has to be removed every time I add certain elements, if I want padding let me decide don't impose it on me. A number of times working on a website when something does not function in the way expected it is down to default padding messing it up.

5. Make the software more comprehensive - Currently RFF is lacking in a lot of basic functionality which has to be provided by turning to other software, this is leading to a number of conflicts which then limits the websites to a more basic form than they should be. For example finding a compatible Lightbox software caused me all sorts of headaches and I am not 100% happy with the solution I found. Problems are also encountered placing code in the Head section when using plug-ins resulting in most having to go in the Footer section instead. Why do I need additional software just to produce a .xml Sitemap? This makes no sense and just adds unnecessary time to a project.

6. Spell Checker - No software these days is complete without a spell checker.

7. HTML Element - Can this be made to assume the maximum width and height set where no preview is available so that its effect on the rest of the page can be seen on the workspace.

8. Turn off Auto-Save - I would like the option to switch off Auto Save in case I want to undo beyond that point.

9. Artistic Text - I have in excess of 1,300 fonts on my system and can only use them if I import them after first creating an image. It would be useful to have an option to input Artistic Text based on fonts on my computer which are then converted into an image by the software.

10. Text Formatting - When in Text Edit Mode can Align options be available. This way if I want the bulk of the text left justified but a sentence in between paragraphs centred I will be able to do it without having to have three separate paragraphs.

Bugs to fix:

1. Elements jump out of a container/column if clicked on, this is completely random and does not occur all the time
2. Unit Switcher stops allowing you to select a different unit, again this is completely random and does not occur all the time.
3. Edit Undo stops functioning
4. Border - once applied can only be removed by setting the border type to none rather than simply turning off by greying out the edges
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Jeremy Woolger wrote:

3. Global site defaults - Being able to define defaults in one place across a site would be a huge time saver, for example fonts, header settings at different breakpoints etc. Also things like Head content which is standard for all pages e.g. Google Analytics, Bing Verification, EU Cookie Code etc. Would be nice to have the choice right from the beginning what style fonts/header etc.

4. Remove Default Padding - Please remove all default padding applied to Columns, Sub-Grids etc. Currently this has to be removed every time I add certain elements, if I want padding let me decide don't impose it on me. A number of times working on a website when something does not function in the way expected it is down to default padding messing it up.

6. Spell Checker - No software these days is complete without a spell checker. This is a must nowadays (especially for us oldies)

8. Turn off Auto-Save - I would like the option to switch off Auto Save in case I want to undo beyond that point. And put the box thingy that tells us it's autosaving, in the middle of the canvas so we can see it is doing autosave

10. Text Formatting - When in Text Edit Mode can Align options be available. This way if I want the bulk of the text left justified but a sentence in between paragraphs centered I will be able to do it without having to have three separate paragraphs.

Bugs to fix:

1. Elements jump out of a container/column if clicked on, this is completely random and does not occur all the time. This one is getting annoying and more frequent
3. Edit Undo stops functioning

I am with you on these points 10001%
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Include the 8 templates Zurb also offers for free on their site: http://foundation.zurb.com/templates.html.
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

rvanheukelum wrote:
Include the 8 templates Zurb also offers for free on their site: http://foundation.zurb.com/templates.html.

They are in the Templates folder in the Theme dialog :P

http://bob.coffeecup.com/storage/forums/templates.png
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.