Share your websites made with...

User 2438827 Photo

25 posts

[codeNot sure if you noticed this, but the image HA_Logo_NEW_white.png is 11.2MB which is insanely large. ;)][/code]

Thanks Scott
Completely forgot about that logo being my original artwork. Will re-size
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Induna wrote:
just set the footer width to none at the smallest breakpoint and then check it stays at none all the way up to the last one,

Thanks Wayanjay!

Amost complete now so keep checking. A few links still under construction but overall RFF is way better than VSD and RSD. One little glitch I came across is occassionaly when making a change the viewport does not return to the white scroll arrow nor can you see the breakpoints. I have to save, exit and reload the program.
http://deathwatchbeetle.net

I hope you don't mind I knocked up something for the footer for your consideration to sort of show that the elements can be re-arranged and modified to have what I think would be a more pleasing visual impact for your visitors,

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2438827 Photo

25 posts

Good Morning From Sunny Bali (although it's bucketing down at the moment)

Yes the site is coming on well done , there are just a couple of things I would like to suggest,,,, more to do with visual aesthetics, rather than tekky stuff, but first,,,
I am not sure exactly what you mean about making changes & the viewport not returning etc, do you mean when you are editing using the new "Mode" function? if so make sure that you go back to default mode after saving your changes, (make sure it's not "Disable All Breakpoints.

They call that a "Frog Strangler" here in Texas although I'm from Blighty too & had to larn the lingo. I can now say y'all! It was a 103 F yesterday!

I will check the "Mode" function as I was not aware there was one! Tks
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Induna wrote:
Good Morning From Sunny Bali (although it's bucketing down at the moment)

Yes the site is coming on well done , there are just a couple of things I would like to suggest,,,, more to do with visual aesthetics, rather than tekky stuff, but first,,,
I am not sure exactly what you mean about making changes & the viewport not returning etc, do you mean when you are editing using the new "Mode" function? if so make sure that you go back to default mode after saving your changes, (make sure it's not "Disable All Breakpoints.

They call that a "Frog Strangler" here in Texas although I'm from Blighty too & had to larn the lingo. I can now say y'all! It was a 103 F yesterday!

I will check the "Mode" function as I was not aware there was one! Tks

still cant fully work out how to show images, so will just do it the old fashioned way
Attachments:
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Induna wrote:
just set the footer width to none at the smallest breakpoint and then check it stays at none all the way up to the last one,

Thanks Wayanjay!

Amost complete now so keep checking. A few links still under construction but overall RFF is way better than VSD and RSD. One little glitch I came across is occassionaly when making a change the viewport does not return to the white scroll arrow nor can you see the breakpoints. I have to save, exit and reload the program.

Not sure if you noticed this, but the image HA_Logo_NEW_white.png is 11.2MB which is insanely large. ;)

If you resize that image down to the dimensions you are actually showing it at, the file size can be reduced to under 10k.

Now I know why here in Bali it takes forever to get that footer fully up and running, phew!!!! 11.2Mb
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2438827 Photo

25 posts

still cant fully work out how to show images, so will just do it the old fashioned way

Those look really cool. Now to try and replicate that. Of course I shall reduce the size of my logo in order to incorporate it.

Thanks again.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Induna wrote:

Those look really cool. Now to try and replicate that. Of course I shall reduce the size of my logo in order to incorporate it.

Thanks again.

Great, have a go, see how you get on, holla iff yáll need some more guidance

You don't need reduce size of your logo for placing it, (if you use flex and stretch and center it will still look ok even a bit bigger than the other social icons, what you really need to do is reduce the actual size of the image that is in your resources,
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Induna wrote:

Thanks Wayanjay!

Hey I just had same thing happen to me, (latest version recently downloaded)
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2438827 Photo

25 posts

You don't need reduce size of your logo for placing it, (if you use flex and stretch and center it will still look ok even a bit bigger than the other social icons, what you really need to do is reduce the actual size of the image that is in your resources,

Well, that's what I meant, size of the image.

I love the style of the footer you recommended, but not sure how to build it. Also, the social icons I have in the repository don't look like yours.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Induna wrote:

Well, that's what I meant, size of the image.

I love the style of the footer you recommended, but not sure how to build it. Also, the social icons I have in the repository don't look like yours.

Sorry misunderstood about the size of the logo.

Social icon images I used are edited using photoshop, (sometimes I get rid of background colour, sometimes change the colour. There are also plenty around that you can get off various freeby type sites all over the internet.

As for the style of the footer, I can send you the project file for the footer, so you can look at it and then replicate it for your site, or I can send you some instructions (would love to have something that I could make video, but not sure what or which one would be good (might look further into that in the future) in the meanwhile if you contact me on my e-mail (profile has the address) then I can send you something to help you on the way.

Have a great day over there in Texas.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.