Page pops back to top when in Text...

User 1748617 Photo

9 posts

I glossed over the posts here to see if this was brought up yet, but didn't see anything.
When editing text, when I click on a formatting element, the page jumps back to the top, in order to see what I'm doing, I have to click on the element and scroll back down.

Also, how can I make a paragraph centered, in a narrower margin than the rest of the page?
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi Becky for the paragraph you have two choices

1/ for the paragraphs left right margin set them to auto then center align the paragraph text if you want that centering also
2 set the container/column whatever is holding the paragraph to left right margin to auto, then center align the text if you want that centering.

as for the jumping to the top thingy,, It often happens with me also (particularly with Model Windows,,, ) You should maybe try raising that with CC Support It might be a bug or it could be something amis with your app and needs re-loading
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 1748617 Photo

9 posts

Well, yes. I would do that if I could find the margin settings, and the alignments :)
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Becky wrote:
Well, yes. I would do that if I could find the margin settings, and the alignments :)

Sorry I assumed you could see them or at least had a look around
In the DESIGN PANE Iin the DIMENSIONS SECTION, in the SUB SECTION titled MARGINS see the left & right pointing arrows set them to auto

For the ALIGNMENT look in the TYPOGRAPHY section of the DESIGN PANE and you will see ALIGN choose the one that indicates centered
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I think the problem may be that separate paragraphs are being attempted in a single paragraph element. If so, that is not the best way of doing things. By using a separate paragraph element for each paragraph, Wayan's advice will prove easy to follow, and it will prove to be a better way of working altogether.

Frank
User 1748617 Photo

9 posts

I've looked and looked, but not looking in the Design Pane, because every time I select the text that I want to narrow and center, the Text Editor pane comes up. I'm guessing I need to put it in it's own container to give it different margins than the rest of the article?
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Becky wrote:
I've looked and looked, but not looking in the Design Pane, because every time I select the text that I want to narrow and center, the Text Editor pane comes up. I'm guessing I need to put it in it's own container to give it different margins than the rest of the article?

The problem is then Becky that I can't exactly visualise what you are attempting to do, perhaps you could attach the project files, then I can see what you are attempting,, maybe even I can make a short video to take you through the steps if that would help
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 1748617 Photo

9 posts

Frank has it right, thank you both for your help :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.