Menu Builder Menu in RFF? - Post ID...

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Has anyone tried putting a menu from menu Builder into RFF? If so is there something different about adding one?

I was building a site for myself and had a lot done when RFF showed up so I thought I'll just do it in the new app.

I did build from mobile up so it was a little different for me. I did have a couple of things that were strange.

I built a row with six columns for six info boxes. I did absolutely no margin, padding or float settings. When I went out to full screen there were float settings on some of the boxes and one had a bottom margin set at 119.

I put an html element where my menu will go and added my menu. That would be the one that worked fine on the first build of this site. When I previewed the page all the menu text is crammed together on the left side.

Here's a link to the index page: http://mytestblog.net/elframer/ if anyone wants to take a look.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Hey Ernie,

This is because you have provided a class name for your menu of "menu". The reason your menu is not showing correctly, is because .menu is already used in Foundations and has a display of Flex set.

To fix this, simply open MB and under the Design tab, change the class name "menu" to something like "top-nav", "menu-top" etc.

Then reexport your menu and reupload all the files and you should be good to go. :)
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Must be something to do with widths floatings etc, for the column and or the html element
I have done 2 now (mind you not used menue builder, used my own designed css dropdown menu, but not had any trouble with it displaying as it should
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

well there you go, nothing to do with widths rows positioning etc,

Good old CC Guru and magicians to the rescue again
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Adam,

That worked and my menu looks great until I get to that first built in break point and then it goes screwy again.

The menu works great in Menu Builder and was working on the RSD version I was working on. I have to leave for work and will dive in again when I get back around 10 am.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I've had a couple more hiccups since early this morning. I decided to make a page template so I could add my symbols for my header, menu bar and footer. Did that and duplicated the template six times. Before saving I went back to my index page and it looked like the css file didn't exist. Closed the app without saving and went back in and the page was ok.

So I created a template page again and duplicated it one page at a time. When I finished I had a total of 10 pages and only 7 had the symbols listed.

I thought maybe my desktop with win 10 upgrade was acting up so I put the RFF file on a usb drive and transferred it to my laptop with clean install of win 10.

Opened the file and none of the formatting or symbols are there. Just putting this in here so CC knows what't happening on my end.

Time for lunch. :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Good find Ernie! I was able to replicate what you were describing. Getting that logged with our team. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
That worked and my menu looks great until I get to that first built in break point and then it goes screwy again.

The menu works great in Menu Builder and was working on the RSD version I was working on. I have to leave for work and will dive in again when I get back around 10 am.

The issue here is that you are still using the menu class name. Rather then applying it to your menu like you had before, you applied it to the HTML Element. You can not use that without causing your menu to "go screwy" as you put it. Remove that class and you will be good to go. :P
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I didn't catch that one. I think that was left over from using the drop down menu component. I think.

Adam, thanks for finding that and thank you for all your help.

It looks good now. :D
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Scott,

I have two project files I would like to get to you and not put them up in here. I had something weird happen when adding a page. After adding the page my menu on my index page throws an error code when previewing or after uploading.

Then all the other pages look like they have no css. I tried deleting the page I added which 'fixed' all of the pages except my index page.

What's the best way to get you these files so you can see if this is another issue of something I've done to cause this? Support ticket?

I wanted to post this in here in case anyone else has this happen.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.