Latest Update - Post ID 271427

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:

My experience is that the memory usage of RFF is particularly high while overwriting a previous Export.
Frank

That coincides with my observations. When I export and it overwrites the previous export, it usually takes longer than the first export, and the programme (RFF) freezes for a couple of seconds. But then it becomes active again, and the export goes ok.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Adding the configuration of my desktop machine.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Thanks Frank I already done that before
what I don't quite follow is why just start now
I have been using FF since it came out this is the first time this crash has happened at this point in the process of a project

I do on average 1 or 2 new projects a week, I work on 5 or 6 old projects a day,,and have never experience a crash at this particular point before,
this crashing business at exporting only started the other day,, (other crashes happen at other points in the process of working on the project.)

It happens on different computers, both brand spanking new, one with nothing else except CC software (RFF, RSD,RCS)
and once again It's only just started to so with this particular thing two days ago

I have just done exported 10 projects (overwrite previous files etc) not one crash but then It is only the beginning of another long day, not much memory use during export (according to WTM, a bit of a spike on CPU and during the process get "Reponsive Foundation Framer isn't responding" for a brief moment. 4% usage of memory (8GB installed on both)

I will see how it goes today after working on projects for a time
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
It's only just started to so with this particular thing two days ago

Since it's been mainly in the last couple of days,
(a) it seems reasonable to suppose that the problem is not with the CC software itself;
(b) it may be that the latest Windows 10 update (the March one plus the deferred February one) has been loading itself onto the computers - and may have been struggling a bit if the broadband speed isn't too good where you are.

If (b) proves to have caused the upset, maybe this particular problem will just go away. That, of course, still leaves the problem of the other crashes, but everyone would be experiencing these if the problem were with the CC software itself.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I've just had the March update. The previous one brought my whole machine to its knees...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
It's only just started to so with this particular thing two days ago

Since it's been mainly in the last couple of days,
(a) it seems reasonable to suppose that the problem is not with the CC software itself;
(b) it may be that the latest Windows 10 update (the March one plus the deferred February one) has been loading itself onto the computers - and may have been struggling a bit if the broadband speed isn't too good where you are.

If (b) proves to have caused the upset, maybe this particular problem will just go away. That, of course, still leaves the problem of the other crashes, but everyone would be experiencing these if the problem were with the CC software itself.

Frank

Other people are experiencing other RFF crashes and have been since before any update that Windows 10 decided to do,, but perhaps you are right about the latest crashing (on exporting) that does seem to be coincidental with the windows update.

Why doesn't RSD RCS Photoshop/Dreamweaver my screen capture video software also have problems (to name but a few of the other apps on my desktop machine, although RSD does sometimes crash,, it's nowhere near as often as RFF, and so far RCS has never ever crashed.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Working on our site in RFF today had it opened too long again and than it happened when trying to save message "Runtime Error" clicked ok it shutdown, restarted got the message that not to worry all is saved except my last thing working on. I guess I have to clock my time and close program more often. Oh well as long as I did not lose everything :)
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2796380 Photo

94 posts

As I reported above my crash (program locks up not responding and must restart) have been very few. This may be helpful I have now noticed that if I start a project new that I can go for 8-12 hours and no crash.But if I start working on older project files it will crash frequently. Have only gotten the error code notice once months ago.
Larry Penny
User 2796380 Photo

94 posts

EZorb wrote:
As I reported above my crash (program locks up not responding and must restart) have been very few. This may be helpful I have now noticed that if I start a project new that I can go for 8-12 hours and no crash.But if I start working on older project files it will crash frequently. Have only gotten the error code notice once months ago.

Attachments:
Larry Penny
User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

New thing happening: my scroll bar has started disappearing every time I make a change. Move to the next breakpoint up, it comes back. Not a deal breaker but annoying having to shift between breakpoints all the time.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.