Latest Update - Post ID 271415

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

I also had a few incidents when the project has been open for a few hours when I would try to save it would crash but when restarting FF shows a message that a problem occurred and nothing was lost. Also had a greyed out on class and restarting all was fine again. I do not leave open as long and that seems to have helped.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Just had it crash again in the middle of a manual save !!!! been ok before today,,, when FF re-loaded the recovered project file,, it hadn't saved (obvious because it crashed during the save) so it re-loaded the version from the last autosave (not much work or time lost,, but it's beginning to add up.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

Building first site with FF and twice it's crashed. No dialog box; the app just disappears. Learning to save every time I do anything.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Yesterday it crashed 8 times (over 18 hours non stop working)

Once it crashed during an "Auto-Save"

Once When I came back from making my umpteenth cup of coffee

Others mostly as previous,,, this is getting worse

Recovering & having to re-do somethings cost me a couple of hours work yesterday (& I don't work for peanuts :D )
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:

Recovering & having to re-do somethings cost me a couple of hours work yesterday (& I don't work for peanuts :D )

Remember, you were supposed to be sending me your project files so we can look at what it going on. Also, did you get any error codes?

Also, to us, a CRASH is only when the program closes on itself or you have to force quit the application. Any other issue would not be a crash. You would just need to describe what you were doing so we have the error you are reporting in context.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:

Remember, you were supposed to be sending me your project files so we can look at what it going on. Also, did you get any error codes?

Also, to us, a CRASH is only when the program closes on itself or you have to force quit the application. Any other issue would not be a crash. You would just need to describe what you were doing so we have the error you are reporting in context.

I sent the project file ages ago Scott,, In the beginning it worked fine went for almost 2 days solid without 1 crash.

When I say crash I mean the program stops running and you have to close it or it closes it'self (Windows thingy ) so apart from those two error codes before that I got and sent to you,, it hasn't done that since the latest version.

I know this is a windows thing,, but the thing that I don't quite understand is
1/ Not only happening to me (although not so many)
2/ I get the occasional crash (same things trigger) in RSD BUT never in RCS
3/ It happens on both my laptop and desktop (which are brand new, my desktop has other programs installed (a few but not many) my laptop ONLY has CC software installed, nothing else

I have described what I was doing in previous posts on this thread.

Wayan

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Today
It has just crashed again,, (into 6 hours working)

This time I had just pressed Export chosen the file location for exporting,, got the message that previous files would be overwritten (OK for that) it went away thought about it for a moment ,, then up popped the windows message that it had stopped working.... aggggghhhh where is that next door's cat

By the way Scott & CC Team,, - I LOVE FF it's the bee's knees for me,, I would never have anything else,, even I get frustrated sometimes with those unexpected crashes,, the cat next door has started running away from me again when it see's me (couple of weeks ago it wasn't so scared because I didn't need go outside and let steam off so often :lol:
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

If it helps I'm on an iMac. For me the app just disappeared, twice in succession. I'm using the Visions template and just changing colours, images and text. The app vanished when I was changing background colours. Learning a new app is hard enough so looking on the brights side, having to do the same action two or three times does at least make it fast in the memory (and at my age my memory needs all the help it can get). :)
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Just another heads up

It has crashed three times today

all three times during an export

Can't work it out
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
It has crashed three times today ... all three times during an export

In such circumstances I would be inclined to run the Windows Task Manager at the same time as RFF. Although it is a bit of a nuisance having it on screen (Options > Always on top) while RFF is running, it may well reveal at the time of the next 'crash' whether this is an issue related to the CPU, the Memory, or Disk problems. It may also reveal that there are hidden programs/processes running in the background that are hogging the memory.

My experience is that the memory usage of RFF is particularly high while overwriting a previous Export.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.