Foundation Framer v2.5 build 439...

User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Hi there, I have upgraded Foundation Framer on Apr 28th, 2017 do I have to pay for upgrade again now?:rolleyes:

By the way, I have not received upgrade emails which Suzanne mentioned that have been sent out to everyone.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts
Online Now

Wondering about the same...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 399746 Photo

Sales & Support Manager
416 posts

The full upgrade cost is $39 from V1 to V2.5. Since you purchased the mini upgrade (for $9) in April you'll actually save $11. :)
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Responsive Foundation Framer prompts me for an update to v 2.5 (build 439), which I accept. I click on 'Download now' and I'm getting redirected to my purchases page on the Soffeecup website, but there's no RFF 2.5 to be seen, just the 2.1 release.

Now what.
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts
Online Now

I discussed this with this with Suzanne two days ago and suggested that the redirect (which initially lead to a 404) should go to a page where you can buy the new software to an upgrade price. My suggestion must have been turned down by the staff then...

But I got a link to such a page sent to me, paid for the programme, and afterwards it appeared under my 'software that you own', and was also downloadable directly from the programme.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Really? Another paid upgrade? Well, that's it for RFF then ...
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

I think the meaning of Suzanne's post above could be misunderstood because the $19 figure at (b) below isn't mentioned. My experience of this upgrade shows that it means the following.
(a) the price of the upgrade would normally be $39
(b) for those who purchased the mini upgrade for $9 in April the price is $19
(c) therefore the overall price to customers in (b) is $9 + $19 = $28
(d) therefore the overall saving to customers in (b) is $39 - $28 = $11

Frank
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Why? Why the disguised subscription model? Why having to pay every couple of months for just another update? What's wrong with a 'pay once, update free' until the next major update (what an upgrade really is, or rather should be). This is not transparent, this is not how a seller makes me comfortable using his software ... you'll never know when you'll have to cough up another couple of bucks just to stay up-to-date.

I find the software great, with all it's flaws, but the continuous 'a dime here, a dollar there' for just an update ... really?

– Richard
User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

The listing regarding the upgrade is here.

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

rvanheukelum wrote:
Why? Why the disguised subscription model? Why having to pay every couple of months for just another update? What's wrong with a 'pay once, update free' until the next major update (what an upgrade really is, or rather should be). This is not transparent, this is not how a seller makes me comfortable using his software ... you'll never know when you'll have to cough up another couple of bucks just to stay up-to-date.

I find the software great, with all it's flaws, but the continuous 'a dime here, a dollar there' for just an update ... really?

– Richard

I for one am quite happy to pay for any UPGRADE as often as they want,, if it means that the team at Coffee Cup can keep producing these excellent applications this latest one is an UPGRADE not UPDATE, after all they are in business and all business needs to make money to keep operating, otherwise they would close. then we would all be left without any new updates or upgrades & it is a free world our choice whether to take the upgrade or not, I know I prefer to take & pay for any upgrade as & when it happens. .

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.