FileZilla connects but CCD FTP...

User 122152 Photo

7 posts

On a new hosting site (went from Bluehost to Dreamhost). Not much difference but now CCD FTP won't connect to their server but Filezilla does. Have tried every permutation of HOST (sftp://64.90.41.32 & cresswell.dreamhost.com & dreamhost.com) as well as UN (both my single UN or URL name), Reset to SFTP/Port 22. No good. Also am i passive mode. Nothing work. Can anyone help?

See attached file for both configs.
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

What are the details you got from Dreamhost? I'm not asking your password or anything like that, only the server name and the protocol/port. And your web address.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

One of the passwords is shown in the screen-shot as having 10 characters, and the other as having 11 characters. Perhaps they look the same, but a space or other invisible character got added when typing it in DirectFTP.

Frank
User 3174986 Photo

32 posts

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem with Dreamhost hosting. Filezilla and Win SCP are connected, but the CCD FTP is not.
Dreamhost works using the SFTP or SSH protocol, maybe this has something to do with the problem?
User 3174986 Photo

32 posts

I just discovered experimentally that the problem is related to the SFTP mode. As soon as I switched the SFTP mode to FTP on the server, everything worked immediately.
What can be done to connect via SFTP rather than FTP?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Did you use port 22 with SFTP and SSH?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 3174986 Photo

32 posts

Yes
User 3174986 Photo

32 posts

Now I tried to upload the edited files to the server in the HTML editor and again I could not connect via FTP, but this time the problem is in the HTML Editor.
Here is a screenshot of the log.
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

The FTP client in the HTML Editor has fewer options than Direct FTP, so your best bet is DFTP within the CC software.
I have sometimes experienced that some web hosts use different server addresses (IP address, ftp.domain.com, just domain.com or even the user name) for different transfer protocols. You may have to ask your web host about this. Another thing you may try is active, instead of passive transfer mode.

If none of my suggestions work for you, I don't have any more ideas to offer. Then use whichever FTP client you find working.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 3174986 Photo

32 posts

Thank you, Inger, for the response!

I've tried everything already. The hosting provider directs me to the program's author, saying, "Ask the FTP client developer." In principle, this is not a big problem; I can access the server and edit any files online with WinSCP. I just wanted to work directly with the website online using HTML Editor.

In any case, I will continue to search for a solution to the problem.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.