How to add additional browsers to...

User 74729 Photo

14 posts

How do I add additional browsers, such as Microsoft Edge, to the Preview On.. button?. Mine just shows Chrome and IE.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi Sylvia I don't know grid builder yet, but in normal RSD or FF or RBB you have to make Microsoft edge the default browser, that way when you click "prevew on' (without choosing the other browsers, it uses Microsoft edge. something about CC stuff can't bring in Microsoft edge as a choice browser
. not sure as I say if t's the same in Grid builder, but I suspect that it will be the same.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 74729 Photo

14 posts

Thank you for your reply. Edge is the default. There is a chart in the documentation about browser support, and since it said Edge was supported (green), I thought it was, as I have the latest version. But from what I read on this site apparently it isn't supported, yet.

When I got the email to buy for $89 (below) I didn't realize it was still in beta.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Sylvia Burke wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Edge is the default. There is a chart in the documentation about browser support, and since it said Edge was supported (green), I thought it was, as I have the latest version. But from what I read on this site apparently it isn't supported, yet.

When I got the email to buy for $89 (below) I didn't realize it was still in beta.

so try just clicking on the "preview on" button rather than opening the dropdown,, that's how I do it in RSD, wouldn't know about if grid builder is supported in Microsoft edge.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 74729 Photo

14 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Sylvia Burke wrote:

so try just clicking on the "preview on" button rather than opening the dropdown,, that's how I do it in RSD, wouldn't know about if grid builder is supported in Microsoft edge.

When I do that (just click on the preview button) it brings up notepad with the code in it. Might have something to do with my windows settings, as this is a fairly new computer. I could install it on a different one and see, when I have more time.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Has anyone actually managed to add Edge as one of the additional browsers at all? I think I've read some place that it isn't possible. The exe file is very well hidden and buried into the computer, but I have located it here:
C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe
If double-clicked on, nothing happens. If I add it as an additional browser in the Editor, it won't budge either. Haven't tried adding it to any of the responsive apps yet, and I don't think I'll bother either.
Anyone who has made different observations?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 74729 Photo

14 posts

Inger wrote:
Has anyone actually managed to add Edge as one of the additional browsers at all? I think I've read some place that it isn't possible. The exe file is very well hidden and buried into the computer, but I have located it here:
If double-clicked on, nothing happens. If I add it as an additional browser in the Editor, it won't budge either. Haven't tried adding it to any of the responsive apps yet, and I don't think I'll bother either.

I haven't added Edge, but I did get it to work. I had to change the default program for .html to Edge - it had apparently been set to notepad. When I click on Preview on.. it shows Default, Chrome, and IE - Default now brings up Edge.

But to answer the question of how to add browsers, haven't found that out.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

This post explains why Edge doesn't appear in the list. I've found that otherwise CGB picks up all my other browsers automatically - even little-known ones like Midori.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
This post explains why Edge doesn't appear in the list. I've found that otherwise CGB picks up all my other browsers automatically - even little-known ones like Midori.

Frank

Yeah, there it was. I knew I had read about it.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Inger wrote:

In my windows 10 I made edge the default browser that all I did now in rsd rff RBB all I do is click the option for default in preview on and boom there it goes straight to edge
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.